46-Dread

Not me acting as if I didn't update for over a year...

Anyways, hello!

I'm back with a chapter, and I hope you'll like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕]

⤞3rd Person Pov

Running through the street, (Y/N) kept a firm grip on Sora's hand, pulling him with her. They were both panting, with Sora saying: "She's got a lot more than a double jump!" "I didn't think she'd have this ability." said (Y/N), suddenly stopping and pushing Sora back.

The two of them fell to the ground, with her on top of him, while he shot a love-bullet upwards, blocking the ones that Izuna had shot at them. They turned a corner, where Izuna was already facing them.

She immediately disappeared as (Y/N) shot at her, reappearing behind them. "It's hard to predict her moves." noted (Y/N), clicking her tongue as Sora began to run, pulling her with him. He asked: "Overcome physical limitations, huh? So that's their real cheat?!"

Izuna continued to break windows as she simply moved passed them, showing her pure strength and superiority in this game. Stopping in a slightly hidden spot, Sora said: "I had a feeling they'd pull something like this, but this is just ridiculous."

Panting, (Y/N) stepped back, her back hitting Sora's. They both held their guns out in opposite directions, not sure where their enemy would appears next. Just then, Izuna hit the ground not too far away from them, leaving quite the dent in the ground.

Thinking about every possible outcome, (Y/N) said: "Sora, I have an idea." "You do? That's great." "But I need your charisma." Sora glanced over at his girlfriend, immediately understanding what she meant.

With a grin on his lips, he said: "Count on your boyfriend to bluff us through!" With that, he ran towards Izuna, his gun pointed straight at the Werebeast. Taking this opportunity, (Y/N) jumped back, vanishing from the Werebeasts' view.

Izuna shot two bullets at Sora, who simply ran past them, then countered another bullet. However, a second bullet was hidden behind that one, and he couldn't dodge in time. The bullet hit him straight in his head, causing him to fall over in the process.

The young Werebeast was panting as she deactivated her blood break, trying to catch her breath. She began to cheer for herself, looking up. "I won... I won! I really-" However, she stopped the moment she realized that she couldn't see the other person- her biggest threat in this game.

Where had (Y/N) gone to? She was standing right there, wasn't she? Izuna had made sure that the bullet that Sora reflected would hit the exact spot where (Y/N) stood mere seconds ago. Her eyes widened as Izuna began to turn around, a heavy feeling forming in the pit of her stomach.

Dread.

With a single shot to the back of her head, the young Werebeast fell over, leaving the winner standing. With an exhausted grin, the queen of Elkia placed her hand onto her hip while spinning her love-gun in the other.

"Never ever underestimate Imanity, dear. I told you we would win." she said, her tone cocky, showing just how proud and happy she was that they finally won. It was then that Jibril and Shiro approached her. Shiro jumped into her arms, saying: "You did it, (N/N)."

(Y/N) returned her hug, letting her legs give up, now kneeling on the ground. A third pair of arms snuck around her waist, and an all too familiar voice said: "I am so glad that we found you, (N/N)."

Smiling, she replied: "I'm glad that you found me, too, Sora, Shiro." The three of them then let go of the hug, watching as Steph appeared, looking at them with a wide smile. "You won! You really won!" she cheered, causing everyone to grin.

"Whoo! What luck that she can't pick up my presence, eh?" asked (Y/N), looking over at Izuna, who was still on the ground. Jibril said: "I believe it is because you are being protected by the spirits, Master."

Thinking about it, (Y/N) asked: "Why though? I don't think I ever did anything that would grant me that protection. Maybe from my heritage?" "I do not think that matters here. As far as I recall, I've only seen one person with that ability. Oh, if only I could remember it clearly!"

Grinning, Sora looked up into one of the cameras, saying: "Anyhow, when are you gonna get around to announce the results, Gramps?" In the real world, Ino grumbled as he lowered his head, not wanting to admit defeat, yet having to.

"The victor is Elkia. In accordance with the covenants, the Eastern Union relinquishes its right to the Lucia continent to the kingdom of Elkia." Hearing this, the Imanitian crowd began cheering, most of them jumping around and celebrating their rulers' victory.

"Now..." started Izuna in-game, slowly getting up. "Now the Eastern Union... and Werebeasts..." "That's not it, is it, Izuna?" asked Sora, all five of the Elkians looking at the young Werebeast.

"You're confused. You don't know what to do because you had so much fun. Right?" asked Sora, a knowing look lingering on his face. Izuna teared up, mumbling: "That's... not true. Many people are going to suffer because I lost."

Looking down at the girl, (Y/N) said: "But you were smiling." "How? How could I have made that expression? Because I did,the Eastern Union will be conquered, and many people will..." said Izuna, starting to cry. "All because I... enjoyed myself."

"Don't beat yourself up. No matter how you'd felt, we still would've won in the end." stated Sora, with (Y/N) lightly hitting his shoulder. She said: "That's mean! It's true, but it's mean to just say it."

He only chuckled, ruffling (Y/N)'s hair as he spoke to Izuna. "How's it feel knowing there's someone you can't beat no matter how hard you try? To put it mildly..." The three rulers of Elkia all smiled, saying: "...it's the best!" "Isn't it? Losing for the first time is frustrating. But that's what made it fun. If you understand that, we'll be friends."

Sora reached his hand out towards Izuna, saying: "Welcome, Izuna. You're a gamer now." The young Werebeast looked up at them, a small smile appearing on her face. She took his hand, saying: "I won't lose the next time, please."

"Besides, it seems like you've got the wrong idea. Nobody will suffer or die because you lost. This world is a game. Everyone here fails to understand that." said (Y/N), patting her soft, purple hair.

She then watched as the mark on her collarbone vanished, causing her smile to widen. She turned around, tackling her boyfriend in a tight hug, causing him to almost fall over in the process. He smiled as he returned her hug, with her saying: "We really did it, Sora!" "We did, (Y/N)."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/724235183797342260/