Chapter 13

I actually planed on updating yesterday, but the servers where I watch from were under construction...

But I managed to write a chapter for you guys!

I really want to thank you all for your support, even tough I update like once a month... 

I'm sorry about that... 

But anyways,

Hope you'll enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Meeting God]

(Y/N) Pov:

"Hi, Tet." I said, smiling lightly. Is he here for another game? Another challenge? Or perhaps he just wants to tell us something? But... What could that be? "It's the kid claiming to be God." said Shiro. "Oh, please!" he said. "It's not just something I say, I'm the real deal! Besides, the name's Tet." Sora looked at me, trying to figure out our situation. I sighed, crossing my arms. "He IS God. A bit childish, but he is who he is." Without a wasted second, Tet snapped his fingers, letting us appear above Elkia. Sora and Shiro were in one bubble, while I was in the same one with Tet. "Again?!" yelled the two of them. "How do you like my world?" asked Tet with a huge grin plastered on his face. "Has it caught your fancy?" He let the three of us down on the roof. Sora took a deep breath and said: "You've got great taste." Shiro still looked shocked, so I hugged her close to me. "I wish our God would be nearly as proactive as you." I looked at Tet who asked: "Really?" Shiro calmed down, so I let her go. Sora said: "Our enemies can use magic, but we can't. We've got only a single city left. The situation couldn't be worse and with Blank's reputation on the line, we can't lose a single game. That's the kinda world we're in. What do you think?" He asked Shiro. She answered: "It's the best." "I know, right?" He then laughed a little, making me smile, too. Tet said: "It seems bringing you two here was the right choice." Suddenly, I was mid air. He hugged me around my waist, saying: "You even befriended (Y/N), my treasure. But you know, I don't usually interfere much either. And I'm impartial to all races." Wait, wait... Treasure?! "Then again, I already told you... This is a world where everything is decided by games." "I see." said Sora. I was still glaring at Tet. Treasure?! "So even your position as the one true God can be challenged through a game, huh?" asked Sora, looking at me. I huffed, saying: "Of course it can!" "That's right!" said Tet. "It's also the reason why I picked exactly sixteen races." I said: "Each side in a game of chess has sixteen pieces." Sora finished: "Which means defeating every other race gives one the right to challenge God, doesn't it?" "I love how your mind works." said Tet with a smile. "You adapt so fast, I can hardly believe you're from another world." He still held me in the air for some reason. But as long as he doesn't drop me, I'm fine. I don't like the feeling of falling. "Thanks for the compliment. Still, you sure you should be smiling? It's the Blank's policy to be number one in every game, you know?" said Sora. "And that's exactly how I knew you three would try to win the right to challenge me." "You haven't forgotten how our game of chess ended, now have you?" "Of course not! Still, it's not gonna happen again." I looked at Sora and Shiro in shock. Th-They don't mean... They won against Tet?! I-I wasn't able to beat him! Countless times... And I never won once. I did manage to get a draw once, tough... "Hey, God." said Sora. "Call me 'Tet'." "Okay, Tet... You'd never lost before, had you? The God of Play became so very, very upset about losing, he brought us here. Am I wrong?" "Interesting. What makes you think so?" "Because I know how it feels. The Blank knows no defeat, yet we've lost to each other countless times." "You can't quit while you're ahead." said Shiro. I nodded and said: "Besides, only winning feels like you achieved something." Tet looked at us, then started laughing. "I really did make the right choice bringing you two here! That's right. I won't let you quit while you're ahead. Next time, I'll win. That's the only reason. Disappointed?" "Nope. I'm actually glad it wasn't some pseudo-righteous nonsense like saving humanity." said Sora. "Well, it's about time I leave. Keep an eye on my treasure for me. Bye-bye!" said Tet. He snapped his finger again and I was sitting next to Sora.  I quickly stood up, hearing Sora saying: "Hey, Tet." He stopped and turned to look at us. "Thanks for giving us new lives here. This is where we belong." "Thank you, God." said Shiro. I grinned and we all said: "Let's meet again soon. But on the chessboard." Tet then waved and vanished. My eyes widened in shock as I said: "Damn... Tet! What did you mean with 'treasure'?!" I asked out loud, hoping to reach him. But no answer came. "Geez... It's always the same with him." I said, crossing my arms. "(N/N)! Sora! Shiro!" I looked to where the voice came from and saw Steph. "Was that Tet the one true God?!" "Yeah, so what?" asked Sora. "Wh-Why was he here?! And you said you beat him in a game or something!" "That's not important right now. Help us down already!" "Getting you three down can wait!" I sighed, sitting back down. "Come to think of it... You know Tet." said Sora, looking at me. I simply nodded, saying: "'Course I do." "'Treasure'? What does he mean with that?" "Like hell I know. That creepy child just does whatever he wants." Really... That God is something else... 

3rd Person Pov:

"Looks like the first piece is about to start moving." said Tet, lifting it up. And unknown voice said: "Inquiry: Are you referring to the potential destruction of Imanity? Or perhaps you have finally decided to make a move yourself?" "Honestly, eavesdropping is as a hardly respectable hob-" "Inquiry: An event fluctuation occurred while the selection of Imanity's next king was underway, Does that signify your intent to intervene? Yes or no?" Tet smiled, saying: "You lot never were much fun." He let the game piece fly up where it hit another one. "Defeated gods, ranked first among the Exceed: the Old Dei. I'm on nobody's side. You guys can just continue your idle games. They'll be coming... right to where I am."

'Now you have a new way to try and beat me, (Y/N).'