Chapter 20

[Materialization Shiritori]

(Y/N) Pov:

I was shifting from foot to foot, feeling quite uneasy from the stare I was getting. We stood on an elevator-like thing and went down deeper into the library. I have to admit, the numbers of books are impressive. And they all look like their new. Still... If she could just stop staring at me while drooling, it would make me feel much more at ease. Her eyes were glued on me, no matter what I did. I even hid behind Sora, clenching onto his shirt. "Sora, she's staring..." I said, whining a little. "Just ignore her. It's only natural to look at the price they want to win like that." he stated. "Th-That doesn't help at all!" He put a hand on my head, smiling reassuringly at me. My cheeks heated up as I eventually returned it, still holding him by his shirt. Jibril suddenly snapped out of her phase and said: "We'll settle this with a game of Shiritori. However, there will be a twist to it. It's Materialization Shiritori." My eyes widened as I looked at a big globe. Amazing! But... I saw it before... I'm sure of it.

"Sit quiet and watch, little (Y/N). I'll defeat this Flügel within moments." "Do your best, ~~~!"

(I used ~~~ to 'hide' the name, so don't get confused!)

Was that... Who was that? I closed my eyes, trying to picture the person belonging to the voice. Ah, I can't tell! I sighed lightly as Sora asked: "Materialization Shiritori?" "Yes. The rules are simple." started Jibril. "Just like with regular Shiritori, using a word that's already been used, failing to answer within 30 seconds, or becoming unable to continue, all result in a loss." "Can we use words from any language?" Sora and Jibril sat down at a smaller table while Shiro, Steph, and I stood next to Sora. "Yes. However, please be mindful to avoid words referring to fictional items as those won't be counted. And above all, remember this is Materialization Shiritori." "Things that get named dissappear, while things that weren't already here suddenly appear." I said without thinking much. They all looked at me with a surprised look. "Have you played this game before already?" asked Jibril. I quickly shook my head, answering: "No, but I've heard of it." "So this wasn't a surprise at all? Too bad..." She then turned to face Sora, asking: "Well, you already realize what this implies, don't you? It goes without saying that everything will return to normal upon completion of the game, so feel free to display the breadth of your knowledge." "Okay, (Y/N). Come on over." said Sora. I blinked twice before pointing at myself. "Me? Not Shiro?" I asked. He nodded, gesturing at Shiro. She was already half asleep. "I don't mind... You're part of Blank, too, so I don't mind..." she muttered out. Sora patted his lap, making my face turn red. But still, I sat on his lap, looking at Jibril. "We'll play together, as always." he told her. "That's perfectly fine. Seeing how frail humans are, try to entertain me as best as you can without dying." "Huh?! Wh-Wha... You can die?" asked Steph while Jibril summoned a sphere. She replied: "Death would make a player unable to continue. It may only be caused through the effects of summon, though." Steph pulled Shiro into a hug, saying: "Well, there's no reason for us to be here, is there? We're going to be the ones in real dan-" "Now then..." said Jibril, ignoring Steph. The sphere activated, letting words of different languages fly around. "Yeah." said Sora. He put his arms around me as I said: "Let the games begin." "Listen to me already!" yelled Steph. "Steph, sit!" said Shiro, making Steph sit down. "No! I can't run away now! I've had enough of this!" "You may have the first move." said Jibril, gesturing for us to start. "Use any word you'd like." Sora put his hand out, saying: "Let's see... I'll start with a... Hydrogen Bomb(suibaku)."

3rd Person Pov:

Stephanie, Jibril, and (Y/N) looked up, examining the 'thing' Sora just summoned. (Y/N) had learned about bombs before, but never seen any. Sora explained how they worked, which amazed her. But Jibril didn't know what it was. She examined it carefully, then stood up, chanting: "Eternal Fourth Providence(kuuri anse)!" The whole room they were in vanished. "Trying to commit suicide on your first move? The word I just used refers to the ultimate sealing spell: Eternal Fourth Providence. Had I not protected you all out of the goodness of my heart, the game would've ended right then and there." she said. Sora said: "Let's be real here. You just didn't want the game to end in such a ridiculously boring way. I was certain you'd do what you did, so I took a leap of faith, okay?" "I see." "This makes one thing clear, though. We won't be able to beat you via the third condition." Jibril hugged her knees close to her, saying: "I'm glad you understand. Please try your best not to bore me." "Oh, don't worry." said (Y/N), grinning at the Flügel. "We wouldn't dream of it." said Sora, the same grin on his face. "Spirit Circuits(seireikairou)." said (Y/N) holding a hand out. And immediately, she knew it worked. She looked at her hands, feeling the lack of magic, before nodding, letting Sora know their plan worked perfectly. "My, you don't waste any time, do you?" asked Jibril, amused with the two of them. "It's a word I heard just recently. Is there a problem?" asked (Y/N), smiling innocently at Jibril. "Not at all. My physical abilities will be limited a tad, and I'll no longer be able to fly, but as I still have spirits within my body, it won't cause a problem. If anything, I feel a little agitated." admitted Jibril. "Oh, so it's like a cell phone without reception, hu-" started Sora, but got cut off by Jibril: "Cell phone? Reception? Could those be related to that thin board from earlier?" "Too close! Too close! You're too close! I'll tell you if you manage to win!" said Sora, trying to push her away. (Y/N) turned her head slightly, glancing at Sora. "Well, she's..." she trailed off at the end of her sentence. "I know. By now I'm thinking of her more as a clown than anything else. Hey, Jibril. Your turn." She snapped out of it and sat back down, saying: "R-Right. Let's go with something simple: Horse(uma)." "Okay. Vag*na(ma*ko)."