Chapter 24

[About the Werebeasts]

3rd Person Pov:

"Wh-What is this?" asked Steph. Jibril answered: "It's a kitchen I prepared for my masters' sake. Um, Zeteph-san?" "Steph! My name is Stephanie Dola!" said Steph quickly. "I haven't the slightest interest in any Imanitians aside from my masters, so I'll call you Dora-chan, okay?" "D-Dora?!" "I have a message for you from Master, Dora-chan." Stephanie listened as Jibril said: "'There's plenty of sugar and butter here. Go ahead and use them however you want', he says." After a few seconds of Steph looking around the kitchen, she squealed and said: "Am I dreaming?! With all this, I can bake to my heart's content. Wait, that's basically telling me to bake for them! They never stop manipulating people, don't they?" Jibril smiled, saying: "And she says: 'I'd be down for some donuts right now'." "That's gotta be (N/N)... Those three..." She remembered Sora's face, and how he praised her once. That caused her to start baking immediately, screaming: "I can't stand him!" "I see." said Jibril, watching her. "So this is what Imanitians call being smitten, is it?" "Smitten?" With that; Steph rammed her head multiple times on the table, yelling: "Y-You've got it all wrong!" "Now then, I do wonder why you're still being affected by those emotions when you were ordered to only fall in love, not stay in it. There's no end to the interesting things my masters are involved in." Jibril sat on the ground, watching Steph laying on the ground.

Somewhere else:

"I'm back, Clammy." said a female voice. Clammy, who was bathing in a river, looked at the sudden voice, listening. "Um... Do you want information? Food? Or maybe... me?" The girl smiled as she pulled her hood down, revealing the face of none other than Fiel. Clammy smiled, saying: "Clothes first, I'd say."

As soon as she was fully clothed, Fiel gave her something to eat. She took a bite, then said: "It's better than usual." "Apparently living conditions have improved somewhat after the previous king's granddaughter began implementing the new rulers' policies." explained Fiel. "Really? Stephanie Dola, huh? Working as the puppet of three strawmen is just the kind of shameless thing the Fool King's granddaughter would do." "You know, watching you secretly rehearse an apology because you feel bad about giving her such a hard time before was really cute to watch." "H-How'd you know about that?! I mean, forget about that! Did you find out anything new?!" asked Clammy, trying to change the topic. Fiel, accepting this, said: "Hm, let's see. It seems the new rulers won over a Flügel and have shown an interest in the Eastern Confederation. That's about it." "What'd you say?" Fiel only nodded at Clammy.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Well then, Jibril-kun... Tell me everything you know about the animal girl paradise- the Eastern Confederation- that I'm about to conquer." said Sora. I was sitting on his lap, with his arms tightly around me. Then, I noticed Steph. A huge smile was planted on my face as I saw what she was carrying. "Ah, Steph! Right in time!" I called, waving her over. She sighed but did so. I quickly took a donut in each hand, starting to munch on one of them immediately. "So tasty! Thanks, Steph!" She only smiled at me. Then, Jibril said: "Your wish is my command." She got on one knee, starting the tale. "The Werebeasts were embroiled in a civil war for many years, due to their various tribes' differences in physique. But then a leader known as 'Shrine Maiden' emerged, and ended the infighting in under half a century. The Werebeasts banded together and under her leadership the world's third largest country, the Eastern Confederation, was founded." I took another bite of the second donut as Sora said: "So what you're saying is that they've got cat girls, dog girls, fox girls, rabbit girls- all flavors of animal girl you can imagine- and they're going to be all mine, right?!" I lightly nudged him, so he put a hand on my head as to reassure me. "Okay, let's go show them who's boss. And the knowledge you've collected over the millenia will play a crucial role in our plan!" continued Sora. Jibril said: "I am afraid I cannot live up to your expectations. With all due respect, I believe even you three may be no match for the Eastern Confederation." We stared at her with blank faces. I started: "Jibril..." Shiro continued: "...are you saying..." Sora finished: "...the Blank would lose?" "No. I merely meant to say that my support may not live up to your standards. I'm harboring these doubts because I've once challenged the Eastern Confederation and lost." We gasped. But I reached out for the plate with donuts and grabbed another one. There can never be a moment where donuts aren't welcomed by me. The Werebeasts, huh? A race we still have to get on our side. How do we-

"So I want you to be nice to her, little (Y/N)." "But who is she? She's not human, is she?" "Straight to the point again, huh? That's right. She's not human. But you can trust her, okay?" "If you say I can, then I can, ~~~!" "That's my little (Y/N)!"

That voice again? Someone that's not human...? Geez! Idon't get this!

3rd Person Pov:

"That settles it. Elkia is now being backed by the Eastern Confederation and its Werebeasts." stated Clammy. Fiel asked: "Why are you so sure of that?" "You should know better than me, Fi. Elvengarde has challenged the Eastern Confederation four times so far, yet you've always lost." "Well, our senile elders were the ones playing in those challenges." Clammy looked back at Fiel, saying: "It would explain how those three beat a Flügel and how they managed to win against me despite all the help you've given me with your magic. If the Werebeasts are supporting them, they could use tricks even an Elf like you wouldn't notice." "Clammy..." "It's only natural. Imanity can't beat the higher-ranked races on its own." Then, she remembered Sora's words. "That hypocrite." she quickly said. Then, changing the topic, she asked: "Anything new about that girl that was with them?" "Why, you mean (Y/N)?" asked Fiel. "Yeah." "Well... Nothing, actually. Except that she seemed to have wandered around everywhere." "What does that mean?" "Why that means that before she became one of Elkia's Queens, she didn't have a place to stay at. As far as I could gather information, she challenged quite a few different races, just to find shelter for the nights." "That sounds... crazy." "Yes, but... There's definitely something off about her." "I know." She remembered what (Y/N) told her. "She knows when magic's used, huh? That's strange, indeed..."