Chapter 33

[Illusions & Realizations]

3rd Person Pov:

"She claims someone else did all those things with them?" asked Stephanie, concern filling her voice. "I was unable to find corroborating evidence. I started listening to conversations throughout the whole city instead of only the palace, but to no avail." stated Jibril. "I see." The two of them stood in front of a door, where the rulers of Elkia would occasionally sleep behind. "From what I've hear, nobody in the protest of demonstrations know about him either." Noted Stephanie, looking at the door with unease. "Which means..." started Jibril. "The most probably explanation is our masters lost against someone without our knowing and had their memories altered." "That can't be! How could that have..." Steph stopped midsentence, coming to a realization. She gasped lightly, saying: "The Eastern Union..." Jibril nodded, saying: "Yes. I believe they may be capable of it." With that, Jibril knocked on the door, saying: "Masters... Let's play a game." At that, the door opened just a tad, with both of the girls peaking just barely out of the room. "A game?" they asked at the same time, making Jibril smile lightly. "Yes. You should wager the false existence that you've been made to believe in, and play a game." suggested Jibril, bowing down. "False..." repeated Shiro, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand for comfort. "And though I realize this is overstepping my bounds... Would you please lose?" Their eyes widened at that request of the pink haired Flügel.

Sitting in the library, a chess board in front of them, Jibril declared: "Well then, that's check." Shiro moved one of the pawns, thinking about the person she's about to forget. "Everything is a lie... I'll feel better... forgetting it..." she muttered out. Suddenly, her arm, the one she wanted to use to move another pawn, was stopped. Her eyes widened as she glanced at (Y/N), who was sitting next to her. A mysterious figure had appeared, stopping her from moving the pawn into her own defeat. She stared at the figure that was holding her arm, its other arm flung around (Y/N)'s shoulders. The figure said something, though Shiro couldn't hear it. So, she read its lips. 'The... Blank?' she thought, halting in her movements as the figure slowly disappeared again.

Flashback:

"Why? Why didn't you win?" he asked, his red eyes staring with pure interest at the girl in front of him. "Because you always feel better when you win, ~~~." she told him, making him chuckle. "You're really cute, little (Y/N). Thanks a bunch, but... If you can win, then win." She tilted her head, noting: "But... But I want to make you happy again." He hesitated, then smiled gently at her. "You're too young to be thinking about something like that. Seriously, I don't deserve you." he said, patting her head. He then put the pieces back to their original place, saying: "Let's play again. And this time, win if you can." Her (e/c) eyes looked at him, trying to figure out what to do. "Okay. I'll do everything to win, then." "Now that's my little (Y/N)!"

End of flashback

"Masters?" asked Jibril, watching both of her beloved masters with worry and concern. "The Blank..." started Shiro, close to tears once more. "The Blank won't... The Blank won't..." "...won't know defeat!" said (Y/N) and Shiro at the same time. And just like that,  their aura had changed. While Shiro moved one of the horses, the book on (Y/N)'s waist started to glow in its usual, (f/c) light. She put a hand on it, picking it up. Jibril and Steph watched in clear surprise as the (h/c) haired female opened the book, looking at the new spell she received. Raising a hand, she closed her eyes, concentrating. Jibril's eyes widened as she felt how the spirits moved. And a second later, the whole room was filled with beautiful, see through, (f/c) flowers. "That's... Nii..." muttered Shiro, looking with big eyes at the person that stood in between the two members of Blank. That person looked just like her beloved brother. "Who... Who's that?" asked Stephanie, clearly confused. (Y/N) opened her eyes again, saying: "This is him. Shiro's brother. And the person I fell in love with. I remember his looks now." "Th-This spell... Th-That's an... an illusion spell! Not even powerful elves can handle that spell!" noted Jibril, drooling slightly at the sight in front of her. 

(Y/N) Pov:

I was panting quite a bit, having to release the spell again. I plopped down, saying: "Damn! It's too hard to keep up for long!" "It does take up a lot of magicules. That spell... I want to learn it, too!" said Jibril, her eyes sparkling. "Wait, so you don't know this one?" She shook her head, about to snatch my book. I slammed it shut, putting it back to where it belongs. After pouting, Jibril turned to face Shiro, asking: "Why... Why did you win?" Shiro, grabbing onto me for dear life, said: "Nii... Sora exists! I know... I know he exists!" "Sora?" asked Steph, tilting her head. "I'm afraid that-" I cut Jibril off, by saying: "You saw it yourself now, didn't you? I created an illusion which Shiro didn't know about. And she reacted to it. He- Sora IS real! I know he is!" "Please calm down, Master." tried Jibril. "Think rationally-" Before I could say anything, Steph, surprisingly, did. She said: "I agree. It would make more sense if he didn't exist, yet I still believe he's real." "Dola-chan, what are you saying?" "That illusion... That man seemed to familiar, it almost scared me. Besides, there's no way that Shiro and (Y/N) could ever lose." I nodded, proud that she got it, saying: "See?" Shiro smiled lightly, relieved that at least someone believed us, even if it was Steph. "Yes, there's no way they could lose! I'm sure there's another explanation. The real reason must be something else." At that, Shiro gasped. I looked at her as she cut Steph off: "What were you two doing yesterday?" "Yesterday?" repeated Jibril, thinking. Steph answered: "I was busy dealing with the protesters, and then I saw you playing games in the throne room, so I-" Shiro showed her the phone, saying: "That was the day before that. The 19th." Her phone clearly said 21st. I tilted my head, then slowly got what she was getting at. "I'll change the question. Where were you the night before yesterday?" "The night of that same day, right? Uhm, well... Huh?" "My memories..." trailed Jibril off. I nodded once more, saying: "They're gone." "That's what I needed to hear." said Shiro, sitting on my lap.