Chapter 11

Sorry for the wait!

Thanks to anyone reading this! I really appreciate you all^^

Hope you'll enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[What being weak means]

(Y/N) Pov:

"As you can see, we're no longer producing enough food to feed the people." "I see." I said, looking at Sora. He said: "You're going to implement the following." "Yes!" "Let's see... We'll be using crop rotation to manage our farmland from here on out. For each plot of land..." "Wheat, root crop, barley, then grass." said Shiro. "Rotate said crops in that order." I finished.

"What exactly are 'treasury bonds'?" I said: "I'll explain the details later. Issue government bonds to make the banks buy them. That'll give us a budget." "Y-Yes, my liege." "And now we'll just have to+ wait a bit and see how things work out." said Sora, making me nod.

Time skip: later that day

Sora Pov:

"Wh-Who exactly are you? You addressed our domestic problems so quickly... " asked Steph. I answered: "Oh, I'm the type who likes to get all that stuff out of the way first when playing Civ. Good thing I downloaded a ton of specialized reference material to do well in all those quiz games." I straightened my shirt while Shiro put her crown on. "Nii, that's not fair. It's cheating." "Mind not calling me that in a world where you can officially cheat with magic?" "Here we go." said (Y/N). "It's the real deal, huh?" I asked. Steph asked: "Are you seriously going to wear those outfits?" "Yeah." I said. (Y/N) continued: "Nothing feels quite as right as this." I glanced over at her. She was wearing a rather short, (f/c) skirt, a (s/f/c) shirt, brown boots, and her crown on her tigh. (or you can just wear whatever you like!) Wow... She's really pretty. I caught myself blushing, to what Shiro commented: "Nii, you're lusting over an innocent girl." "Can we please have this conversation later? Besides, I'm not lusting." "Then staring." "That's not better!" (Y/N) walked with us on the podium (Is it called that?). The people were looking up at us. (Y/N) gulped before saying: "W-Welcome everyone!" in a high tone. "(N/N), you're too nervous." said Shiro. "I can't do anything about it. It's stressing me out to stand above all those people..." Shiro took her hand and nodded. (Y/N) smiled at her and said: "M-My beloved citizens, I'd like to introduce you to your new rulers. We now rule over Elkia as Blank! The three of us!" I heard some murmuring, but decided to speak. "Our beloved citizens... No, our fellow Imanity... We Imanitians continuously faced defeat in this world where war is outlawed under Ten Covenants, and now we're down to our last city, Elkia. Thus we ask you:" "Why is this? Is it because the late king failed? Is it because we are the lowest ranked race? Is it because we lack magic? Is it because we are powerless to avert our fate?" asked (Y/N). I continued: "No! In the great war of time immemorial, the Old Dei, the Elves, the Warbeasts, and all the other races fought. And tough we fought among them, we survived! Why is it that in times past this entire continent was ruled by humans? Is it because we've got a penchant for violence? We lack both the magic of the Elves and the physical brawn of the Warbeasts. Did our proficiency in war allow us to bring this entire continent under our banned despite lacking the longevity of the Flügel?" "Most assuredly not! We fought and prevailed... because we are weak. In every age, and every world, the strong sharpen their fangs, while the weak polish their wits. But what has driven us into a corner now? It is the Ten Covenants taking tooth and claw from the strong, forcing them to rely on their wits as we always have. Is it because the ingenuity and strategies- the powers we alone used to survive- were bestowed upon the strong! That was our undoing!" I said: "My people, answer me this: Why do you hang your heads? I repeat: Why do you hang your heads?" "We are the weak! Now and hereafter, as we have always been. Indeed, nothing has changed for us!" "The strong may wield facsimiles of our weap once, but those pale to the originals!" "That's because our weapons draw power from a cowardice born of pathetic weakness. It's because of our cowardice that we don't foolishly rely on magic. It is because of our cowardice that we possess the wisdom and experience to predict even the future." "I repeat once more: We are the weak! We are the proud weaklings who once tore out the throats of the strong as their overwhelming might drew them into complacency! Here, we stand..." "I, as Elkias 105th queen..." "I, as king..." "...and I as queen..." said Shiro as the three of us lifted our hands. We all said: "...Proclaiming our coronation!"

(Y/N) Pov:

The manifestation of all our race stands for... It appeared right in front of me. I said: "The three of us will live as the weak, fight as the weak, and defeat the strong as only the weak can! The way our race once did and will continue to do! Accept it! We are the weakest race of them all!" I raised Shiro and my hand. Sora said: "Accept that because we are born with nothing we can become anything!" The people were screaming and celebrating. "You've suffered enough, haven't you? You've been humiliated far too much, haven't you? We've kept you waiting, fellow Imanitians." I said, a confident smile on my lips. Sora said: "Mark this moment as the point in history when our great nation of Elkia declared war on the world." I grabbed the race piece and pointed it at everyone. Sora said: "Let slip the dogs of war!" "We'll take our border territories back!" we said at the same time. The crowd cheered even louder. As we got back, Steph came running at us.