Chapter 20~ Lovesick Pt. 2

I pulled my sleeve back all the way, revealing the dark past that I once had. I waited for a response as sad memories resurfaced.

"I... I meant to tell you sooner but..." I held onto my wrist and bit my lip. "I was in a dark place... before I met you. All my life, people ignored me and seemed to forget me, even if I was right next to them. I was invisible to them, Alfred, Arthur, and sometimes even Papa would forget me. I felt as if... as If no one cared aboot me."

I really don't want to talk aboot this... Gil, please stop me... please...

"I eventually thought that if no one cared aboot me... then they wouldn't care if I died--"

"Birdie, I know..."

"Then I-- y-you know?!" How could he?

"I said I've seen jou naked before, I know Birdie," He hugged me once more as I held onto him. "I'm not going to judge jou for somezhing like zhat, but I'm glad zhat jou told me."

"Gil... I--"

"Don't fall back into zhat hole again, Birdie. I don't... I can't lose jou..." His words brought my heart back into its previous state.

"I won't Gil, I'm okay now..."

I'm not sure how long we stayed like this, but I didn't mind. Gil never let go of me, as if he really thought that I was going to leave him. Eventually, I found myself succumbing to his warmth. I couldn't keep my eyes open...

He's so comfortable...

~ Matthew's Dream ~

I was snuggled up in my warm bed as Gil slept soundly next to me. It was dark but still bright enough to see. We were sleeping back to back and Kumadreaming was no where to be found.

Suddenly, Gil turned over and we spooned. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight. I could feel him plant a kiss on my head.

"Birdie~" He cooed. "Stay vith me~"

"I'm not going anywhere Gil, don't worry," I reassured.

"Nein, in zhe morning. Stay in bed, jou're so varm..." He squeezed me and butterflies, that felt so real, danced in my stomach.

"You know that I have to go to that meeting," I sighed.

"Jou don't have to, call in sick. Say zhe polar ice caps are melting, zhe maple harvest is in grave danger, or jou got abducted by aliens," He suggested.

I turned over and looked up at him, "You really want me to say, eh?"

"Ja, Don't leave me."

I suddenly became sad as I found my words. "I won't leave... but... as long as you don't leave me. Don't fade away Gil. I want to see you in the morning..."

"I'll be here vhen jou vake up, I promise" He planted a kiss on my head.

"You promise?" I pleaded.

"I promise Birdie," He reassured.

Then he kissed me softly, cupped my face, and pulled me even closer. When we pulled away, he smiled. I gazed into his crimson eyes and felt myself waking up.

And sure enough as I opened my eyes, Gil was right there laying next to me, like he said he would be.

~~

My face turned as red as a maple leaf. Gil is really close to my face, although I think he's still sleeping. He was under the covers with the blanket pulled up to his mouth. His soft breathing soothed my own. Slowly, he opened his sleepy eyes and smiled.