Chapter 61~ An Urgent Message

*A State's POV*

"So... hey dad, how are you?" I tried my best to not sound suspicious. Although my dad is a bit on the dense side, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

"Zuzu! It's been a while, I'm so glad you called me!" He sounded as enthusiastic as ever.

I quickly cut to the chase, "So I have a child over here and I was wondering if this was your doing..."

"Does she have brown and green hair?" His tone changed to a more serious one.

"Yes, how did you--"

"That's Olivine, she's my adoptive little sister. She won't cause you trouble, she's a pretty chill child. Can you please watch her until I get back? I know that she'll be fine with you but Iggybrows will freak once I tell him this."

"Of course, We'll be fine. Oh! Kansas is coming over tomorrow, I just thought you should know that."

"Awesome sauce! If we get everyone together then we could have a super awesome party! Oh, I gotta go, but I'll see you soon!"

"Bye, Dad," I hung up and placed my phone back in my pocket.

Olivine woke up as I sat back on the couch. She rubbed her little eyes and became startled to see herself in another place. She quickly wrapped herself up in my Mizzou blanket and tried to keep calm. She's just a child, it's normal for her to be scared of a stranger.

"Wh-Where am I?" She stuttered.

"You're in the 'Show-Me' state, preferably Missouri. That's me by the way; my name is Ava," I spoke in a calm tone.

"So... y-you're Missouri? O-One of Alfred's st-states?" She became a pinch more friendly.

"Yep! You could also say that I'm his twenty-fourth child," I giggled.

"Twenty-fourth?!" She was astonished.

"He actually has fifty kids to be exact--"

"Fifty?!" Her eyes were so big that I just had to laugh.

"Yeah, this mansion gets so chaotic when we're all together. But it's really fun when we have a water war."

"A-Ah... I see..." She looked away from me.

I wanted to do something to open her up, so I did what I do best.

"Do you want some barbecue? I went to Kansas City earlier and just had to go to Arthur Bryant's for some quality barbecue. I'm willing to share with you, so I'd advise you to not turn down," I walked into the kitchen and she followed like a sheep and its shepherd.

She looked so adorable dragging around my blanket as she followed my every move. I sat her in a kitchen chair and placed plates out for the both of us. I had some left over ribs, baked beans, and dirty rice from earlier. I'm actually excited to give this experience to her, I don't think that she's been exposed to this before. From what Dad said, she was over in England for the time being.

"Ava... I d-don't wanna be r-rude but..." her voice trailed off.

"You've never seen a black person before, have you?" I was spot on.

She was surprised since I was so blunt. But I just figured that was what was bothering her. I don't get offended that easily, and again, she's just a child. The food would take a few minutes to warm up so I decided to chat with her.

"You're going to see all kinds of races here in America. America is the melting pot of the world, so we have people who migrated from different countries. I'm African-American but I also have a Native American background. Where are you from?"