Chapter 66~ You've Changed Me

~ Unknown Location ~

*3rd person*

Cody walked into the room of The Ember Child. With an interrogating expression and sought after pose, he collected himself for the upcoming conversation. He made sure to close the door behind himself as he made himself known. Isabella wasn't concerned that someone had walked into her house. After all, her door was always open. Although, she was a bit startled at his presence. She did as she was told and left Olivine alone.

So why is Cody here?

"Hey! I didn't touch her after the fight! I did as you--"

"That's not why I'm here," Cody brushed her off.

"Then why--"

"I came to talk," he simply sat down in the fancy red velvet coated chair and poured himself a cup of tea.

This was a signal that he was serious. Cody only drank warm tea during times of war and negotiation. Not to mention his favorite tea: Jasmine tea.

That was also Isabella's favorite tea, but she would never admit that.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" She sat in the seat across from him and poured a cup for herself.

"What we never had and anything you've heard about Gaia," he made sure to mark down their absent relationship.

Isabella was caught off guard with his forward approach. But she complied with his topics of choice. She drew a long sip to maintain her flaming composure.

"I haven't heard anything about Gaia since the first meeting," she crossed her legs.

Isabella was still wearing her clothes from earlier that day. A tight, scarlet crop top, eye catching short shorts, and dark red flip flops. Any male would fall for her revealing attire, but not Cody who was a man of business. He kept his eyes locked on hers and studied her movements.

What he came for was answers, not temptation.

"You and I both know that you're lying," Cody stated.

Isabella sighed and gave in, "All I know is that Gaia has been out of the picture since she abandoned Olivine."

"She didn't abandon her, she was forced to give her up," Cody corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. But the council has been on the rocks due to her absence. Along with you who choses to side with the countries and mortals," she spoke in a tone of disgust.

"Bella, the times have changed. They don't despise us anymore. We can fit right in even if our hair is an unnatural color. Plus they'll think our bending is just like a magic trick. They're easier to fool these days."

"Tell that to the council! As stuck up as they are they might as well be our overprotective mothers. But I still believe that the mortals should remain our loyal subjects. We don't need anarchy in the monarchy."

"Not all civilizations are a monarchy these days, Empress Isabella," He drew out her title sarcastically.

The tension thickened as mental insults were flung across the room. Cody sighed and sipped the last of his tea before pouring himself another cup.