Chapter 43~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 3 『Final』

My vision was dark but the sounds of the festival slowly drifted away. I could feel my body moving at a fast pace, but my destination was unknown. My mouth wouldn't make a sound, she was controlling my body once again.

"You know, I could take my body back right here and now. I could, but I can't, you still would fight back!"

Her transparent ghost-like body appeared in front of me.

"I want to torture you so bad, so bad that I'm practically dying for it~" she whispered in my ear.

"We're almost there, and time is almost up-- oh yeah, I'm the one who has been moving you this whole time, but you knew that already."

She placed a cold hand on my cheek.

"How does it feel to be in a warm body, hmm? Is it nice? Safe? Comfortable? I sure would like to know. I bet killing someone would be harder, but the bloodshed would be glorious~"

A sharp pang stung my head.

"Oops! I got a little excited, I almost made you braindead, I guess it's time to let you go. I'll tell a special someone to come and find you, he would enjoy this... festival more than I would, tootles!"

Then her voice and image disappeared, opening up my vision. My current location was unknown to me, I couldn't even hear the festive sounds anyone. All I could hear was distant cars.

I seemed to be in an empty grassy area with lots of sakura trees. My kimono was still intact but my prizes were gone.

~ 3rd person ~

Passing through, since he could and he's a bit protective, Cody caught a glimpse of Olivine. He flew down quite a distance away from her, but she still sensed his presence. He lifted his transparency spell and placed a white wolf mask on his face. He wore the Kimono that you see in the picture.

What? The narrator can't break the fourth wall?

He calmly approached Olivine and she smiled when she saw him. It had been so long, she had almost forgotten how his figure looked.

"Why are you out here all alone, did you lose your way?" Cody asked as he knelt down to her.

"It's a l-long story, but I n-need to get back b-before time runs o-out!" She stated frantically.

"It's going to take you a while on foot, you're pretty far from the festival..."

"WHAT?! THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Olivine exclaimed.

"My game, my rules~" a sadistic voice echoed among the trees. "You better hurry, or my Samurai of Night will come for you. He's a tough one to escape from too!"

Then her voice disappeared.

"Well that was a thing..." Cody commented.

"You... you heard it too?" Olivine cautiously asked.

"Yes, but whatever's going on... let's just prevent what she wants."

Cody picked up Olivine and floated into the air. A soap-like substance surrounded Olivine's body as Cody turned them transparent. They flew over the trees at a speedy pace. Little by little, they were starting to hear the rumbling of the festival. Looks like they were going to take it in time!

Shaa! Shaa! Shaa!

Three oddly shaped ninja stars whizzed past Cody's face. They immediately knew that they were not alone. Cody flew faster and held Olivine tighter.

Shaa! Shaa! Shaa!

Three more grazed his clothes. How could anyone see them if they are invisible? Who else could sense an invisible presence?