Chapter 81~ ȏȗя ṅѧṃє ıṡ ᴅıṡċȏяԀ/Together At Last

"Cupcake! Don't ever scare me like that! You were out for three whole days and you kept tossing and turning--"

"Alright, I'm sorry. Please let me go," I tried to pry Ollie off my person and almost fell over in the process.

"You worried all of us, passing out like that," Matt placed his input.

"I didn't mean to, it just happened," I half-way lied. I'm not sure if they'd understand that an entity is controlling my movements. They'd definitely call me crazy.

All scares aside, I should have taken my jacket off before I let Matt carry me.

"Where did you get that jacket, it's adorable," Ollie's 'innocent' smile startled me.

I was about to lay down the truth when the unexpected happened.

"I brought it for her when she stayed at my place," Allen willingly, yet expertly lied.

Why is he helping me? I thought he hated Kuro?

"You did? It's so nice to see siblings getting along!" He clasped his hands together thoughtfully.

He then moved to the kitchen, probably to make some sweets or food. I turned back to see Allen's toothy grin, Francois's subtle smile, and Matt's look of approval. Everyone supported my decision to train with Kuro, all except Oliver. I really wanted to go and they all knew that.

Oliver ended up making me chicken with rice soup since I haven't eaten in three days. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I smelled the delicious aroma of homemade cooking. Even though I felt weak, I able to eat all of it. Nothing beats Oliver's cooking, it's to die for.

I hope things will be calmer around here, If anything comes up, Oliver might ultimately refuse my request to train. I know he's just looking out for me. But... I somehow feel as if I once knew Kuro. I can't quite explain it but... he also has some insight on the woman who looks like Olivine.

After I drank the last of the broth, I placed the bowl and spoon in the newly-fixed dishwasher. I then came to Matt's side to resume our ritual, me resting on him as he reads a book. It would seem inconsiderate to some, but it's how we bond. If he didn't like it, he would have said so long ago. My phone suddenly vibrated in my jacket pocket and I hid my panic. Luckily, Matt covered for me as I checked it.

Kuro: It has returned to test your mentality, I'll do my best to hold it off. Stay alert.

I quickly put it back as Matt shifted again.

The being should be defeated though, I mashed it to smithereens. Wait, didn't Allen say that some of its remains seeped into me? But if so, Why don't I feel anything?

"Olivia," Matt whispered in my ear.

"Hmm?" I quickly settled my nerves.

"Are you okay? You seem tense," he has a knack for making his conversations unnoticeable to the naked eye.

I was about to tell him "I'm fine" but I remembered the promise that I made to him. In the end, I said what helped my future.

"Can we talk more?" I looked to him with desperate eyes.

"Ԁȏ ʏȏȗ ṭһıṅҡ ṃєяє ẇȏяԀṡ ẇıʟʟ һєʟƿ ʏȏȗ? ϣϵ ͼϴͷϯrϴl ϒϴῠ. ẇє ȏẇṅ ʏȏȗ. ϣϵ αrϵ ϒϴῠ," the genderfluid voices sent uncomfortable feelings through my conscience.