Chapter 34~ Suprise!

Fan Art by Infinite_Midnight her eyes are blue to show a calm emotion. Fan arts are always welcome because Kona-chan can't draw that well... She should show you sometime XD

I wanna come back into the story! I miss being in the limelight T^T

Now to the story! ;)

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

We awoke to a crisp morning. The birds chirped sweetly as the morning dew rolled off the leaves of spring crops. The sun's rays peered in through the window and warmed our covered bodies.

"Bonjour," Mattie smiled.

"Bonjour," I pulled the blanket over my mouth, too lazy to fully open my eyes.

Mattie's arm was around me comfortably, making my sleep peaceful. I really don't want to get up, but I know that we have to soon.

The door seemed to open by itself as a white ball of fur crawled in. Kuma climbed onto the bed and managed to haul a big book with him. He set it in the middle of the bed as he came up to Mattie and sat on his face.

"K-Kumafluffface, what is--"

"Notice me senpai..." Kuma continued to suffocate Mattie.

"I noticed you! Now get off my face please~" He lightly pushed him off with his free arm.

Mattie sighed as he sat up, making me have to do the same. The book that Kuma brought with him was huge in size, it must have been a struggle to lug it up the stairs. The cover said "World Atlas" and a picture of the Earth was on it. I crawled over to it and brought it over to Mattie, I snuggled next to him and opened the heavy cover.

"Why did you bring this Kumanoodles?" Mattie asked as I flipped the pages.

"I thought it would be easier this way to see what country she is. Or at least what part of one," Kuma snuggled on Mattie's left side.

"I th-think that Kuma i-is jealous of m-me..." I nonchalantly stated.

"I am not!" Kuma protested.

"Y-You even s-said that you w-wanted Mattie to n-notice you," I came upon a familiar map.

"Because he's been sulking this whole time!" he gave in.

"Let's not fight you two," Mattie scolded.

"S-Sorry..." we apologized in sync.

My hands stopped at a full map of all the countries. From the words in each area, I could find most of my family of friends. But there was one missing...

"Fr-France, America, C-Canada, England... w-wait a maple, F.A.C.E... you g-guys spell f-face~!"

Okay so I got a little distracted...

I heard Mattie laugh as I counted them out loud again.

"Fr-France, America, C-Canada, England, Germany, I-Italy, Austria, H-Hungary... wait, wh-where's Prussia?" I looked to Mattie for guidance.

"He's a part of Germany now," he stated.

"B-But... I don't see h-him."

"Well... I guess I should say that he was a part of Germany. He was considered East Germany then..." his eyes wandered off.

"Mattie?" I think I may have hit a soft spot.

"Prussia was dissolved as a country in 1947, so not too long ago..." he seemed to be comforting himself.