Chapter 17~ Weakness

"M-Mattie..." I breathed, "G-Gil... I-I'm s-so... s-sorry... th-that I'm s-so w-weak..." I felt my lip tremble.

This wouldn't have happened if I didn't let her control me. She said that I should have been able to counter spell her spell. But I was too weak to do it, I couldn't do anything. I've worried them and scared them. How long has it been? How long since I've been out there? I could've... I should've... I--

"Olivine... you're not weak--"

"Y-Yes I am..." The silent fire became more interesting now. "Th-This is a-all m-my fault. I sh-should have b-been able to d-do something! B-But I couldn't... I c-couldn't do anything..." I clenched my fists with the little strength I had.

"Olivine, you're still very little. Of course you're not going to be as strong as you want to be," Mattie paused as he placed a hand on my right cheek. "But you'll get stronger, there's no need to beat yourself up aboot it," He paused once more as he placed his hand on Kuma's head. "If you're not ready to talk aboot it... then I can understand..."

They were eager to know what happened, and I can understand that. I didn't really have a choice, it's either now or later. I chose to tell them now, it would make me feel better that I told someone. Gil already knows about the voices, so I guess there's so harm...

"I-I can t-tell you..." I said as I tried to sit up. Gil supported me as I placed my head on his chest, hearing his steady heartbeat. Mattie looked at Gil with an expression that said 'I don't want you to leave but...' I forgot that Mattie didn't know that Gil knew about the voices.

"I know Birdie," That's all Gil needed to say. I'm guessing that they already know each other so well.

After a slightly awkward silence, I began. "I c-couldn't sleep again l-last night..."

~~

They both listened patiently to my story, waiting until the very end to say anything. Although, Mattie kept telling me that I didn't have to force myself, but I didn't mind. Nor did I care, as long as I was with them, I felt as if she couldn't hurt me anymore. When I finished, I found it slightly harder to breathe, but I kept it calm, I didn't want to worry them anymore.

"Olivine..." Mattie searched for his words. "From now on, if you can't sleep at night, come and find one of us, okay?"

"...kay..." I can't keep myself under control for much longer. I found it much harder to breathe and my eyelids are becoming really heavy. My stomach feels weird... like it's empty. I can feel my heartbeat gradually slowing down as my vision started to blur.

"Mmmm... Ma... ttie... I-I... feel s-so... weak..." I managed to say.

I don't know what Mattie said, but the last thing I saw was him getting up before I blacked out.

*3rd person*

"Hold on Olivine, let me see if you can hold down some water, eh?" Matthew said as he went to the kitchen.

Gilbert alerted Matthew that she blacked out. Matthew hurried back with a small plastic cup of water. Then he returned to his spot and they both tried to gently wake her up. Luckily, her eyes fluttered open as she tried to use all of her strength to keep them open. Gil shifted her once more so she could drink while keeping her head up. As much as Matthew wanted to assist Olivine, Gilbert took over and held the cup in his left hand. Since he's had experience with this, he thought that it would be best if he'd do it.

Gilbert supported her with his right hand as he held the cup to her lips with his left. As Olivine slowly drank, she realized that Gilbert was left handed. He only gave her half of the cup, just to see if she could keep it down. After they waited for a little while, they asked how she felt. When she said that she felt fine, they gave her some more.