14. A Spy

MILES POV:

MILES POV:

It was the next day and we went to go pick up Euterpe to see how she's doing. We stopped at the gate and we saw her walking to us tiredly. My frown deepened because I knew that she did not get any sleep, she never does.

I jumped out and opened her door for her making her give me a small smile. I kissed her head before she slipped in and I got back in the driver's seat.

"Hey babe, you okay?" I turned behind me.

She nodded, "Yes, I'm okay."

"You had us worried strawberry..." August frowned.

Her head turned to his direction, "I'm sorry Aug, I wasn't thinking right..." she whispered.

"It's okay, what happened with the Vaughn's?" August asked quietly.

She huffed crossing her arms, "I'm in trouble blah blah, Braxton hates me blah blah, we have a meeting with the headmaster blah blah, I am to apologize to Damek blah blah." She scoffed, "Apology was courtesy of Braxton this morning, he said if I don't do it then something bad will happen... I don't know. I am not apologizing." She shrugged carelessly.

"Yeah, you're definitely not apologizing." I shook my head.

Wait...

"WE HAVE TO GO TO THE HEADMASTER?!" August freaked.

She nodded, "Mhm, he wants to meet his new students who caused a ruckus." She rolled her eyes, "Apparently Rydge was able to convince him to let us stay instead of expelling us but he wants a chat. I will rather be expelled." She scowled.

Honestly same.

"No," August groaned hitting his head on the window, "Last time we had to talk to a headmaster we were in the office for five hours. I am not sitting there for five hours." He whined.

"That your fault," I added, "You're the one who didn't want to knock him out. We could've left sooner!" I gave him a look.

He sighed, "Because he said he would give me skittles when it was over!" His hands flew up, "And then he didn't even stick to his promise!!" He gritted out angrily, "That's why I told his husband that he was cheating and then slashed his tires." He smirked proudly, "I could've done a lot worse but I'm not that mean. Look at me." He made a kissy face.

The three of us laughed quietly and I turned my head to watch Euterpe. Her laugh was always one of our favorite sounds and didn't come often. She suddenly stopped and held her side making both of us frown.

"How bad?" I whispered.

She gently lifted up her black long sleeve and I covered my mouth looking at her. It was wrong than last time since I can tell it hasn't been treated properly. Her whole stomach was black and blue with a few open cuts lingering around.