1. A Job

EUTERPE POV:

EUTERPE POV:

The wind blew wildly making my black hair fly in every direction. I sighed and put my hood on as it started to drizzle and thunder rang out.

The streets were empty but why would they be filled with people, it was almost midnight. Besides that, it was a town in Northern Ireland, although I had only lived here for less than a year it wasn't that busy.

I lost track of time while at the library and I knew it was going to cost me. It was a job I took so I could be away from home, away for him. I didn't mind working at the library all day, I for one loved books and they had a record player along with vintage records. It was a habit of mine to pick a new record every day and play it so I didn't miss a song.

Mrs. Renaldo the owner of the small library didn't mind, she loved hearing new music fill the halls. She would fuss when I didn't pick a new record or play some music on my phone. She often gifted me with new music books or CDS that she finds in antique shops or just in general. I have told her multiple times she doesn't have to do it but she still does. I believe she has an idea what I go through at home but I'm glad she never brings it up. I also refuse to take any money so I'm more of a volunteer but as I said, I don't really care.

The water splashed every time I took a step and my black boots shined more than before. I turned the corner and frowned looking at the house I'm supposed to call home.

It was never home.

I tiptoed up the steps and unlocked the door with hesitation, this will be bad. I slightly opened the door and poked my head in only to sigh in relief seeing the lights off. I walked in and shut the door quietly but yet to my luck I was harshly pushed into the wall by the door.

My head hit the wall and my elbow made a dent from the impact making me hiss as I fell. The lights went on and I looked up to see him standing over me with his friends sitting nearby. They all had smug grins and I should have known, the house reeks of beer and smoke.

"You are late." He hissed darkly.

I sat up moving forward only for him to kick me in the stomach making me fly back into the wall again. I grunted in pain and his friends laughed, they are all pigs.

"Where were you?" He gritted out pulling me up by the hair.

I cringed at the hold he had on me and my hands went up to his. His brown eyes like my own were glaring at me with so much hatred and his black hair like my own was crazy, probably had sex with some prostitute.

I narrowed my eyes back.

"I ASKED WHERE YOU WERE!" He shouted in my face.