Chapter 23

".....and cut!"

The cameras stopped rolling and crew members started to move around the set like clockwork, some fixing the actors' makeup, while others cleaned up and readied the set for the next scene.

Y/N sighed and scratched his head as he watched Yujin walk away silently to her break room.

"Great job Y/N, keep it up! You two are doing great!" the director praised him, his cheerful toothy grin putting a smile on Y/N's face.

"Thank you sir," Y/N bowed.

He turned and walked off to his break room on his own, a gloomy cloud hanging over him. Since morning, Yujin had been giving him the cold shoulder. Apart from a few 'yes' and 'no' answers, she didn't even talk to him once.

Entering his room, he closed the door behind him, and with a heavy sigh he dropped and sank into the couch. Worrisome thoughts floated through his mind, his empty gaze focused on a floor tile while his fingers drummed endlessly on the armrest.

'Did I say something wrong yesterday?' he wondered.

While Y/N's mind was lost in the clouds, a person quietly opened the door and entered his room. Feeling thirsty from all his worried thinking, Y/N was about to stand up when someone handed him a bottle of water. Looking up in confusion at who could have possibly read his mind, his heart skipped a beat when his eyes landed on the girl he had been thinking about.

"Yujin-ah..."

Without a word, Yujin avoided making eye contact and sat down on the opposite side of the couch, leaving a gap between them.

"Hey, did I ups--"

"East or West?" she interrupted, finally meeting his gaze with a blank expression.

Worried that he might upset her further, Y/N hesitated. A look of annoyance and impatience flashed across her face and sent shivers down his spine.

A moment passed and Yujin let out a sigh and pouted at Y/N. "East or west? Answer me please~"

"Fine, um... east," he reluctantly answered, confusion threading his voice.

"Since you choose east, I'll answer all of your questions for one minute."

"Okay... and what if I chose west?"

"Well if you had chosen west, I would have hugged you for ten seconds," she beamed brightly.

"In that case," Y/N shifted to sit next to her and spread his arms wide for a hug. "I want to change my answer!"

"Bleh!" Yujin stuck her tongue out before she lightly pushed him back. She turned away and crossed her arms, causing Y/N to chuckle at her cuteness.

"Why are you mad at me today?"

"I'm not mad at you, well kinda" she mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm holding myself back," she sighed, her arms falling to her lap. "I want to hug him. I want to kiss him. But I also feel that I should really assess my emotions first."

Hearing her words, Y/N's lips curved up into a smile and the tension in his body immediately dissipating. Hearing Yujin say those words herself was all the reassurance he needed. The two of them were still in love with each other. It was obvious to them and everyone that surrounded them. From the way they looked at one another, to the cute little notes they would leave on set for each other.

But most importantly, he felt the same way that she did.

"I think he feels the same way you do," he shrugged, "why don't you ask him?"