Chapter 22

A soft rustling sound slowly became louder as Yujin tossed and turned around in the bed. Slowly, her eyes opened, eyelids fluttering as she adjusted to the sunlight that was shining in through the gaps of the curtains in her room.

Her head throbbed painfully when she tried to move and she groaned involuntarily. It’s hard to believe that someone could become blackout drunk from three to four shots of soju, but that's just how Yujin is. Careful of the pounding in her temple, she slowly rolled to the side of her bed and reached out for her water bottle on the bedside table. Her hand closed around the bottle and realizing that it was empty, she groaned out of frustration.

"...U-Unnie~ Eunbi unnie~" she called out weakly.

Not even a minute later, the door quickly but gently swung open and Y/N entered her room holding a glass of water. He kneeled down next to the bed and handed her the glass.

"It's honey with water. Drink it and gather your strength," he said softly, holding her forehead and checking her temperature. Fortunately, her body temperature was back to normal.

"I'm cooking some bean sprout soup for you. Just rest okay?" Y/N stood up before slowly leaning forward and pecking Yujin on the forehead. Feeling much better thanks to Y/N’s affection, Yujin cupped his cheeks and softly whispered a ‘thank you’ before letting him leave the room.

A few minutes later, Yujin was still feeling light-headed as she massaged her temple. As if on cue, Y/N entered the room, a tray in his hands with a hot bowl of bean sprout soup on top.

He placed the tray on the bedside table and picked up the spoon and the bowl before handing them to Yujin. With the spoon in hand, she slowly mixed the dish before scooping a spoonful of bean sprouts.

"Ah! Hot!" Yujin flinched when the hot soup made contact with her tongue. Quickly but carefully, Y/N grabbed the bowl out of her hands before handing her a glass of water.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Yujin didn't say anything and just nodded at him as an answer. She took more sips of the water to make her tongue feel slightly better. Suddenly it hit her, why was Y/N at her house?

"Y-Y/N?! What are you doing in my house?!" she shouted, spraying water all over his face.

"What do you mean? You don’t remember what happened last night?" he asked her out of disbelief.

She shook her head in response, feeling a little guilty that she couldn’t remember what had happened the previous night.

"Aishh... Just don't go drinking with other guys." Y/N grumbled, shaking his head at her.

"D-don't go changing the subject! I asked what you’re doing in my house!" Yujin repeated as she started to get a little irritated.

"Um... So..."

Flashback begins.....

"Hey noona, is it okay if I go home with Yujin tonight?"

"Absolutely not! Are you crazy?! You need to avoid scandals, not start them!" Eunbi shouted, lashing out at him.

"Well she's not letting go of me anytime soon, and this time I won't hurt her,” he said, a gentle smile crossing his lips, “I promise.”

"Fine,” she sighed. “But no funny business and I’ll be watching the two of you at all times,” she reluctantly agreed. Eunbi could feel the sincerity of his words, and him being with Yujin is probably the best thing right now.

----------

"Oh gosh you're such a big baby!" the scrunch on his face finally disappeared after he was able to put back down the clingy puppy on her bed. He wanted to leave the room but Yujin was holding his hand tight as she slept.