Chapter 2

"Hey I got a good news for you!" Eunbi sat down beside Yujin. "What is it unnie?" She put down her phone.

"A casting director just called me and she wants you to be the female lead in a series!" Eunbi squealed feeling excited. "Really unnie!?" Yujin pulled Eunbi up and both of them spun around feeling happy.

"Who's the male lead unnie!?" Yujin asked her. "She didn't tell me but we have a script reading next week. So you'll meet him there." Eunbi answered.

"I wonder who could it be~" Yujin cups her face. "Yah! Stop that, you have to be professional about work." She pokes the younger girl's side.

"Oww! Yeah yeah I'll be professional. You're no fun unnie."

"I'm just doing my job Yujin-ah. But if somehow you end up falling for someone, then I can't really stop you." She gives a mother like smile to the younger girl.

"Aww unnie~" Yujin hugs her.

"Don't worry, I'll be professional and no matter how good looking the lead actor is, I won't fall for him."

"That's my Yujinnie." She ruffles her hair.

----------

"Hi my little brother. How are you doing?" She pulled out a chair and sat facing him.

"I'm doing fine. How are you?" He asked his sister. "Life is good. Didn't you see the big billboard with my face near Itaewon?" Hyewon bragged.

"I did see it but Minju noona is prettier." He stuck out his tongue to his sister. "You interested in her? I can call her right now for you~" He can see her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"No noona. I have no time to be in a relationship." Hyewon pouted hearing that.

"My poor brother. Young but can't love."

"Maybe you should be in a relationship not me." He teases her. "No. I want to focus on my career." She answered, pouting.

"I'm just the same as you noona. I want to focus on my career too." He took a sip of his Ice Americano. "Look at you, hating dad so much but still love acting." She gave him a smirk.

"Whatever. I'm surprised how you can forgive him that easily."

"Y/N, he's a changed man. Go talk to him." Y/N ignored her words and look down at the table. "Look, I talked to him. He understands me now and I followed my own dream to become a model." Hyewon

"Maybe someday noona... But not now."

"Fine. Jinyoung oppa told me you got an offer to be a male lead. Is it true?"

"Yes. The script reading is next week."

"Wahh~ my brother as the hero of the story! I can't wait."

"Don't get too excited." He scoffed. "I'm not even sure I'll get the part or not..." Hyewon saw her brother's expression change.

"Y/N-ah, don't bother at what people say about you. Your acting is great." She cups his face. "Always keep that in your head okay?" He nodded at his sister's kind words.

Time skip...

Before he knows it, the day of the script reading is here. Everyone who's been offered a part will come to the studio today for a little test run you could say.

"Who are we waiting for hyung?" Y/N whispered to Jinyoung. "I think the one who will play the lead female is not here.

"Who is it?"

"It's rumoured to be Ahn Yujin." Y/N nodded. He have heard of the name but never really seen her acting.

"Hello, sorry I'm a bit late." Suddenly the door opened and a blue haired girl can be seen entering the room.

'Wow she has blue hair... She's kinda beautiful.'

"Ahh~ Ahn Yujin-ssi. You can take a sit next to Kang Y/N-ssi right there." The director pointed out the empty chair next to Y/N.

'Kang Y/N!!?? He's in this series!?'

"Hello." Yujin politely greet Y/N. But he only responded with a slight nod. 'Hmm maybe he's not a talkative person?' Yujin thought to herself.

"Alright then, let's begin our script reading shall we?"

It went for about two and a half hours. After further discussion and evaluation the staff agreed that Y/N and Yujin fits the lead characters.

They are confirmed to be the lead couple of the new drama titled University 2020. What's interesting is the fact that they themselves are still in their third year of highschool but will act the role of university students.

A day after that an article was released on Nayber. They received mixed reactions from the netizen. Some of the comments are nice but some are just straight savages.

[Ahn Yujin fighting!!!] +3899  -112

[Pretty Yujin❤️] +3012 -106

[Ugh... That Y/N guy will be the lead actor?] +460 -1250

[Y/N!! Fighting! We love you!] +2567 -780

[Honestly Kang Y/N is just popular because of his father and sister. The guy can't act. ☠️] +956 -1047

[That Yujin girl is just loud. She can't do anything.] +234 -4629

[Honestly, I think they will have great chemistry together.] +2540 -897

[Have you seen Kang Hyewon guys!? She's gorgeous as f*ck!] +2674 -124

[Y/N is a great actor! Y'all are just mean!] +2651 -562

[I want ramyeon.] +5691 -348

"See hyung? People hate me." Y/N showed his phone to the manager. "No surprise there. Y/N you're sometimes way to cold to the staff and other people." The older guy told him.

"When you behave badly people will talk badly about you Y/N." He gave a piece of advice to him. "Whatever hyung..." He walked away from Jinyoung.

'Hmmph... Brat. How long until you're going to realize that you actually just want attention from other people with that behaviour?'

"Y/N. When the production starts, I want you to try and be nice to the staff and actors. Don't be all grumpy and act all cold and mysterious. That doesn't make you look cool."

"Hyung!!" Y/N is flustered when he heard that last part.

"What? You got something to say?" Jinyoung put on his tough face.

"ᴺᵒ..." Y/N continues to walk away from him.

"Why can't you just show your real side to other people like you showed it to me?" Jinyoung muttered.

_____________________________________________

Y/N is stubborn as heck.

Btw, in this story, Y/N and Yujin are both 18 in korean age.

Stay safe. 👋