22

_______________

Off's fingers intertwined with his as they held hands.

There were glances towards them the moment they entered the school gym. There was a dance that day to raise funds. Gun don't usually go to that kind of thing but Off had insisted that he should go and to please the older boy, he was there, at a school dance with hormonal teenagers.

It didn't take long for Krist Perawat to get close to Gun and pull him away from Off the moment he saw them.

"Are you finally dating?" Krist asked when they were away from Off and Tay, his eyes wide with surprise reflected in them.

Gun opened his mouth to answer and then closed it creating a sound, he didn't know what to answer because he honestly had no idea.

Days ago he would have responded a, "No, we're not dating, Krist," but now, he didn't know what to say.

They looked like boyfriends, sometimes they kissed while they were lying down watching a movie or series and they held hands when they went out for a walk where they would then stop in a nearby park and kiss. They kissed a lot because Gun liked Off's kisses. But he does not remember that Off asked him to be boyfriends and well, Gun was traditional in those things.

"No." Gun said, frowning and his voice sounding like a whisper.

"No, we are not dating."

***

Gun was quiet most of the night, of course sometimes that happened when they went out but only when Gun was upset and thinking that Gun was upset scared Off, the little one is really scary when he got mad.

Finding the courage, Off asked, "Is something wrong, baby?"

Gun blinked at him, shook his gaze away and puffed out his cheeks.

Off insisted many more times until Gun asked, "What are we?"

Off widened his eyes to the sudden question.

"Are we a couple? Can I already put that I'm in a relationship on Facebook?"

Gun seemed to think about something for a few seconds. "I'm asking to answer the thousands of messages that I have in my mailbox."

He lied a little bit because the only message he had was one from Off saying "I'm here, get out" that he hadn't opened and one from his aunt who said "Ask your mom if she already has the catalog".

He continued with his lie, "A guy asked me out for the weekend and if we're not dating maybe..."

Hearing that, Off got up and walked away. Gun didn't know if he was upset or something because Off didn't seem to have any expression on his face.

Gun shrugged in his seat and felt bad, really, he shouldn't have lied like that.

***

Gun was looking for Off for more or else half an hour.

He had asked multiple people if they had seen him until Krist said he was outside sitting on the stairs.

"I'm sorry." Gun said, sitting next to Off and playing with his fingers.

"I didn't want to bother you, nor should I insist that we should be dating. You have asked me a lot of times and I have always rejected you, I have no right to guard you and insist, but I really..."

His explanation has been cut off when Off had taken him by the cheeks and kissed him, tender and slow, making him have his fists clench in his shirt.

"Gun, don't worry. I was going to ask you to be boyfriends, here, that's why I had insisted that we come. I was going to ask you to dance, I had paid Krist to put on a special song and I would ask you to be my boyfriend but..."

"But I blew it!" Gun sobbed, the plan had been so nice and he had ruined it. He was going to cry until Off took his hand.

"You didn't screw anything up, darling." He smiled at him and then took something out of his pocket, a bracelet that he placed on Gun's delicate wrist with the initials of both of them.

"Gun, I love you too much, I had never been attracted to someone just like the way I feel for you, meeting you was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I want to be with you, for a long time because I love you."

Yes, Gun was sure he going to cry now.

"Gun Phunsawat, do you finally want to be my boyfriend?"

Gun throw his arms around Off's neck, sobbing while nodding his head repeatedly.

As they kissed, Krist's voice can be heard behind him saying, "You are already a couple...right?"

Gun laughed and nodded, answering happily, "Yes, we are dating."

_______________

♡💚♡