40|vulnerable

The house was quiet as everyone was just staring at each other. "I would like to know what you did to my brother," Elijah said his face calm when he spoke, unlike his younger brother NiKlause who was waiting for the answers he came for. Titus looked to his father for advice on how to approach this situation. Damon nodded his head getting his son the go-ahead to answer the vampire's question.  "I'm not sure how it happens, Mr. Mikaelson I was told that anyone who drinks my blood changes into something more powerful but it comes at a cost if you don't know the rules of how it all works," he said as best he could without messing up.  "who gave you this information Guiseppe?" he asked the young hybrid standing by the fireplace. looking anywhere but at the man speaking to him. He didn't want to tell them about his sister. too many people already knew and he needed to protect her from anyone and everyone.

"doesn't matter who told me. all that matters is that the information is credible" Damon stood in front of his son and faced the Mikaelsons, "what do you want Mikaelson? he told all he knows, why the hell are you here?" he asked them he wasn't in any mood to be polite to them at all. Bonnie moved closer to her husband and put her hand on his arm to try and keep him calm.  "what kind of changes does your blood provide?" Klaus asked him, his eyes focused on Titus waiting. Titus looked at his mother and father before answering the older hybrid's questions. "you become stronger, faster and much harder kill almost impossible to kill" he pauses to see if they were understanding what he was saying to them. "but if you don't have a bonded half than you can never wake up again once you drink my blood" he finished and the room was once again quiet. After some time Klaus spoke again and what he had to say came as a shock to everyone in the room. "what?" Titus asked the hybrid confused,  "I want you to change my family make them stronger" Damon started laughing and shook his head at the hybrid. "why the hell would you want that? your family is one of the strongest people on this planet, yet you want more power. Typical Michaelson's you are never satisfied with what you have"  he said to them without losing eye contact.

'Damon, don't start, please' Bonnie's voice comes through in Damon's head and he turns towards her with a smile, he didn't want to argue with his pregnant wife so he kept quiet while Klause Mikaelson took a step closer to his son waiting for his answer. "I can't" Titus finally said with a whisper not looking anyone in the eye. Klaus tries to move even closer to the kid but Caroline steps in front of him putting her hand on his chest. "think about what he just said Klaus, do you know who your siblings' other halves are?" they were facing each other staring at the other like there was no one else in the room.  Damon rolled his eyes this whole situation is taking up the time he could be having with his wife and son. "what other half?" Hayley spoke for the first time since she stepped foot into the house, her hand now holding her daughter who is watching the whole situation go down, "someone who keeps you balanced somehow, I still don't know everything. you become stronger your bonded half makes you stronger but it can also make you vulnerable" Titus said

"vulnerable how?" Klaus asked after hearing that he wasn't truly invincible which angered him more that he couldn't find a way to keep his family safe. "you aren't only connected to your bonded emotionally but physically too" Damon turned to his wife getting a feeling of fear and worry coming off of her in waves. 'Babe?'  he telepathically asked her "a few days back when you and Guiseppe went out to find a way to wake Stafen up something happened, Bonnie said, Damon moved closer to her and held her hand encouraging her to continue. "I think you got hurt somehow, you haven't exactly told me everything that happened that night. Anyway I felt it, this pain going through me I thought I was going to die but then it was gone" Bonnie looked down avoiding eye contact with Damon, she knew he was upset she could feel it. He pulled her close and held her tight thinking about what she must have gone through because of him. "So if one of us gets hurt, the other would feel it?" Caroline asked looking from Damon to her best friend Bonnie waiting for one of them to answer her. Klaus moved through the room and went straight to the liquor cabinet and poured himself a glass of bourbon. "You become one" Titus' finally answered Caroline's question, "but the power you gain is worth it, the white oak stake would have no effect on us" Klaus took a big gulp of the bourbon and refilled it once again. 

"Didn't you destroy all of the white oak stakes?" Damon asked 

"There will always be something out there to come after my family, we must be ready and if having your son turn us all into something much stronger and nearly impossible to kill then I want that." Klaus finished and looked at everyone in the room "I'm willing to take the chance, whoever these 'bonded halves' are I will hunt them down and bring them back to my family if it means keeping them safe" 

sorry it's so short everyone but the Wattpad app is acting up 

if you have suggestions please feel free to comment or DM me :)