53|Brāk

Titus

"Ow, my head!" My head felt like someone was stomping on it over and over again. What happened? Dad?!?

"DAD! Dad, where are you?" I look around only to find him sitting right next to me, smiling. He had chains around his wrists and ankles. "Dad, are you okay? Are you hurt? Wait why the hell are you smiling?

"Just happy to see you open your eyes" I shake my head, he does know that we are still trapped here. I lift my chained wrists to show him.

"I know" 

"You know? Then why are you smiling?" 

"Because I know we are going to get out of here" How the hell does he know that? The gate to the basement raddled the noise was loud like the hinges hadn't been adequately oiled in years. But knowing the Mikaelsons I wouldn't be surprised. "Why don't you rough me up some more?" Someone said from the top of the stairs. And then a loud thud! Came tumbling down the stairs. 

It sounded like someone had been tossed down them.
"Bitch!" Elena laughed as the body finally came into view. Kai, I completely forgot that he was still here. He was up and on his feet like he wasn't just thrown down the stairs not two seconds ago. "Hey, baby Salvatore! you're awake!" he said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him why the hell are they keeping him alive? 

"Great you're awake" Elena looked my way with some much hate in her eyes. I've never known anyone with so much hate in their heart before. She walked over to Kai and dragged him towards the opposite side of the room well more like a basement, right across from my father. once there she pulled the chains that were attached to the walls both from the roof and the side walls, how long was I out? Was it always this creepy down here? 

"Make sure you make it tight babe I love it rough remember" Kai smirked and gave her a flirtatious wink, does this guy ever stop? She kicked him in the gut before turning her attention away from him and onto my Dad. 

"I hate seeing you like this Damon, I promise I will get you back to me" She crouched down to his level and caressed his cheek, Dad just stared at her no emotion on his face. Elena leaned in closer, I'm assuming she was trying to kiss him, only for Dad to turn his head away and she kissed his cheek. "She's done this to you, to all of you and you can't seem to see it" she cried.

I understand where she is coming from, she feels like she's lost everything in her life. But, hey, she isn't making anything easy, the way she's going on about the whole situation. If she would just sit down and let Mum explain everything maybe she would understand, or even learn to understand. But then again I am biased so what do I know? And the way she treated my Mum over the years, making her sacrifice herself in order to protect her and her family so my sympathy will always be on the low side when it comes to Miss Elena Gilbert. 

"Say something!" her scream brought me back, she was once again standing over him, her hands on her hips. But he never said a word, only stared up at her with what looked like pity in his eyes. I guess he still felt guilty about breaking her heart the way he did. 

"Lena! Master wants you back upstairs now!" the other woman spoke from the top of the stairs, I couldn't remember her name. She was the crazy one with the now-dead sister, Thanks to Niklaus Mikealson. 

"I'll be right up!" Elena called back not taking her eyes off of my Father. I don't know if she was waiting for some sign from the heavens to let her know that the Damon she used to know was still in there, somewhere. 

Elean finally went up the stairs after the longest staring contest ever. there was a loud thud as the big wooden door closed behind her. "So...that was awkward" Kai chimed in from his little corner. He was laughing at the situation going on. "Shut up," I tell him and turn to Dad, he hasn't said a word since Elena came down here. Was he in shock? "Dad? Are you okay?" he looked at me with a blank expression on his face. "DAD!" he shook his head and gave me a reassuring smile. "I know you are only trying to make me feel alright, but are you alright?" 

He never answered the question. I guess this wasn't the time. "We need to get out of here, and make sure your mother is alright" Okay I guess we really aren't talking about what just happened. I lifted my chained hands to show him the situation that we were currently in just in case he forgot. "we can't break out of these Dad, I've tried. I used up too much energy getting everyone out and I don't was to use Andie's" He looked at me confused. 

"what do you mean by that?" He asked, would he understand? Everything that has happened since I came here from the other side, feels like all I've done is put their lives in danger, It's like I would help them more if I just disappeared. "The bond. it lets you connect with the other person, but it also lets you use each other in ways I still don't understand myself" The room was quiet for a while. 

"Hold on, what are you saying?" He was serious now, fully turned towards me. "you can break the chains using Mum's powers" he looked confused and I couldn't blame him, it's a lot to take in right now. "umm...try thinking about Mum and Alex, about what you feel for them and then focus all that thought and feeling on the chains and say 'Brāk'. you got it?" He looked like a deer in headlights. I wanted to laugh but this wasn't the time. "just do it, Dad, I promise you will see what I'm trying to explain" He paused for a moment but then closed his eyes and I waited while he was concentrating. 

"Aw, you want to talk to mummy?" Kai teased, he was really starting to get on my nerve. I mean can there be anyone more annoying? The dude has a weird crush/obsession with my mother. What a fucking creep, I don't care what he wants with her. He is not getting anywhere near her. "Once I get out of these..." I lift my chained hands "I'm going to kill you" I gave him what I am hoping is a threatening look. I'm not much for threats, If you get in my way, I will mow you down no threats are needed. 

"I can't seem to get through, something is in the way," he said. Oh right the safeguard that I put up in order to protect Mum and Alex, but now it's in the way of Dad accessing her powers. "I'm going to need you to push through that barrier, Dad, and don't stop until you do" I hope pushing him like this doesn't hurt either of them. This is all new to me too. But if this doesn't work then...I might have to... I can't do that to Andie, she needs my help and my breaking down the barrier I put up will only hurt her and that creature will be let loose to wreak havoc on her and everyone that I love, that is the last thing I want, at least not until I'm ready to protect her from it. maybe after that, we can figure out this thing between us whatever it is.