55| Then, we'll see about the fun part

Sybil and Elena went upstairs to where Cade was. In his very expensive suit he looked over the French Quarter. "master Cade, here she is." Sybil said Cade turned, his ancient eyes full of ageless wisdom and untold power. Taking in the sight of Elena, his gaze was analytical, as if he was evaluating her worth. He gave her a slow, knowing smile, his gaze finally settling on Sybil.

"Well done, Sybil. You've been quite resourceful," he praised, the compliment rolling off his tongue with an ease that was almost disturbing given the man's status as the ruler of Hell. 

"Welcome, Elena Gilbert," Cade's voice was as smooth as silk, resonating with an undertone of authority that was impossible to ignore. His eyes held a glint of intrigue as he regarded her. "I trust Sybil has explained the... unique opportunity you've been presented with?"

His words hung heavy in the room, the silent expectation waiting to see Elena's reaction to this extraordinary proposition.

"I want what you promised, Damon, I want you to fix him and bring him back to me," Elena said she didn't care about his plans and what he had in store for Damon's Son. Cade's lips curled into a faint smile at Elena's demand, his eyes gleaming with an ominous light. "Straight to the point. I respect that," he said, turning to gaze back out over the French Quarter. His hands folded behind him, a posture of relaxed authority.

"Your love for Damon is commendable, truly," he started, his voice laced with a mixture of intrigue and amusement. "As for your request, yes, I am capable of doing what you ask. I can bring him back, mend whatever has been broken."

He paused, turning back to face Elena, the glint in his eyes hardening. "But as you should know, Elena Gilbert, nothing comes without a price. Are you willing to pay it?"

He left the question hanging in the air between them, a silent test of her resolve and dedication.

Cade's gaze lingered on Elena's hopeful face, a mask of inscrutable calm on his own. He'd been around long enough to know the powers of a bond between soulmates; it was something even he, as powerful as he was, couldn't tamper with. It was a law of the universe, unchangeable and immutable.

Still, he saw no reason to reveal this truth to Elena just yet. There was still the matter of her becoming one of his sired ones. That, in itself, was a valuable advantage he was not ready to forfeit.

"Very well, Elena Gilbert," he finally said, a hint of finality in his voice. "In order to help you, you must first join me. Do we have a deal?"

He extended his hand to her, palm up, the offer hanging between them. His knowing gaze bore into Elena, waiting for her decision. Would she make a pact with the devil to get back her love, or would she resist? Only time would tell.

Elena's decision was immediate. Determination reflected in her eyes as she decisively extended her hand to meet Cade's. Her grip was firm, a non-verbal assertion of her resolve. Despite the daunting prospect of what this pact entailed, her love for Damon, and her desperation to restore him, overpowered any apprehension she might have felt.

Cade's smile broadened a glint of satisfaction in his eyes. His grip tightened momentarily, an unspoken seal to their agreement.

"Excellent, Elena," he said, his voice laced with gratification. "Welcome to your new reality. Let's begin."

The room crackled with palpable tension as Cade set the wheels of their deal in motion. Elena had made her choice, for better or worse, and their fates were now irrevocably entwined.

Sybil stood silently, her gaze following Elena and Cade until the door closed behind them. As she was left alone in the room, a flicker of memory lit up her mind. The image of her older sister, now long dead, resurfaced with a pang of lingering sadness and loss.

A sigh escaped her lips. Her sister had never approved of her devotion to Cade, and perhaps she had been right in her caution. However, it was too late for regrets now. All she could do was wait, her loyalty to Cade unwavering.

Her thoughts were disrupted by the muffled voices seeping from behind the closed door. Swallowing hard, she banished her grief and steeled herself. There would be time for reminiscence later; for now, she had a role to play. She had to stand guard and wait for her master's call.

downstairs the father and son made their way out of the mansion. only to be stopped by two men dressed in all black. "see here kid, this is what you call a boy band" Damon said sarcastically his son only shook his head "what? that was funny" Damon said.   

Stefan glanced up at his father with an amused roll of his eyes, though a hint of a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Your humour hasn't evolved with the times, has it?" he retorted, the sarcasm evident in his tone matching his father's.

Ignoring Damon's indignant huff, Stefan studied the two men in black who had appeared in their path. Despite the banter, they both understood that these men were probably not here for a friendly chat.

Taking a step forward, Stefan addressed the pair, his tone transitioning to a serious one. "Can we help you with something?" he asked, his gaze hardening as he prepared for whatever was to come.

A subtle shift in Stefan's stance signalled his readiness. His body tensed, muscles coiled like a spring, ready to react. His blue eyes, a mirror image of his father's, gleamed with anticipation and a hint of defiance.

Damon, recognizing the familiar stubborn set of his son's jaw, felt a rush of pride. His boy had learned well.

"Easy, tiger," Damon cautioned, but his voice held no real reprimand. He too was prepared, his own gaze locked on the two men. "Let's hear them out first. Then, we'll see about the fun part."

In the tense silence that followed, all eyes were on the strangers in black, awaiting their next move.