Chapter 9- The Slayer of the Ice Dragon

***Maylene's p.o.v***

It was day five of the Grand Magic Games, Lucy had been held hostage by the kingdom, so Master Makarov created a rescue team for her while Juvia took Natsu's place in the games.

I'm standing next to Levy, Evergreen, Bickslow and Freed as I watched the final day of the Grand Magic Games.

Gray has defeated Rufus, and Erza defeated Kagura, and she is right now in battle with Minerva. Currently, I'm watching intently as Gajeel takes on Rouge.

"Be careful Gajeel," I muttered watching the screen as Rouge's persona suddenly changed.

"No, Gajeel..." I muttered, tears collecting in my eyes as Gajeel fell to the ground.

But just as quickly as they came, my tears disappeared as Gajeel ate Rouge's shadows and stood up.

I smiled as Gajeel took on Rouge and beat him down, winning the match.

"Yay! Go Gajeel!" I cheered, jumping up and down at Gajeel's win.

The others smiled down to me, happy to see me so cheerful.

I turned to watch the other fights and noticed Jura join in on Laxus and Orga's fight.

I jumped back terrified as Jura slammed down Orga knocking him out in one blow.

I grew worried as I bit my lip watching my older brother, Laxus face off against Jura.

As he charged Jura, Jura slammed him into the ground, but I gasped in shock and awe as Laxus came back up and uppercutted Jura right in the jaw.

The Thunder Legion cheered beside me. The fight was intense as I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

'No way, that's my brother,' I thought watching my brother in awe.

I smiled as Laxus won, then Juvia and Gray won and then Erza won all consecutively.

I was moved as I watched all of team Fairytail stand unwavering against Sting.

'Woah,' I thought, watching in awe.

Finally, Sting surrendered and Fairytail won the Grand Magic Games.

I smiled alongside the rest of my new guild.

***Timeskip***

The king requested the guilds to help against the dragon attack, so the guilds all split up to take on the dragons.

Currently, a huge flame dragon landed in front of us.

Taking a deep breath, the flame dragon known as Atlas Flame released its powerful breath attack, blowing us back.

Gray and Juvia tried a unison raid against the dragon, but it ultimately had no effect on it.

Freed tried to use his magic to block the dragon's next breath attack, but the attack was too much and broke through, sending us flying.

Grandpa Makarov even tried to fight against the dragon, but the dragon was unfazed by his attacks.

Grandpa Makarov's giant form eventually wore off and that's when I had enough.

Turning around, I ran away from the others, but not before telling Master Mavis my plan.

***Third-person p.o.v***

"Can you hear me! Let's quit playing around and use our dragon's slayer magic! There are eight dragons and we've got eight dragon slayers. We can do this. It's what we were born for! Our whole lives have led to this day! Let's use our powers and slay some freakin dragons! Who's with me! Cause I'm going dragon hunting!" Natsu shouted down to everyone.