Chapter 5- The Hope of a Lightning Strike

***Alexei's p.o.v***

"At long last, the time has come. Let's go. We've got work to do," I muttered darkly to my guild.

They all chuckled, while Maylene stayed silent.

"Remember to do your part Maylene," I reminded her.

"Yes sir," Maylene timidly responds with a nod.

***Timeskip***

"And now, it's time for the third match of the day!" Mato the Pumpkin shouts.

"Bringing the lightning is Fairytail B's Laxus Dreyar. Going up against the mysterious man in the metal mask, Raventail's Alexei," Chapati announces.

The battle begins and I put up my illusion.

Illusion me attacks illusion Laxus and the battle begins for the crowd outside.

Laxus watches the illusion fight in disappointment.

"Care to explain what's going on here?" Laxus asks.

"A type of illusory magic. It's the only way we could have a private conversation. Those around us cannot see or hear us. Even though we're standing right in front of them. There watching an illusion of the two of us fighting. Incredibly convincing isn't it? Not a single person has noticed. They're too busy watching you struggle to stand your ground in a losing fight. It must be nice to know your guildmates hold you in such high regard. I'm sure they're absolutely heartbroken watching you fall to your enemy like this," I tell him.

"I don't get it. This plan of yours doesn't make any sense at all," Laxus says to me.

"No?" I questioned.

"What's the point in beating me with an illusion? I mean can you call that a win?" Laxus questions.

"Obviously, victory in this match is not our ultimate goal. The purpose of the illusion is to distract those around us," I explained.

"Huh?" Laxus questions.

"And if I control the illusion, I control the outcome of the match as well," I explained.

"Control it? How so?" Laxus asks.

The illusion match continues as we watch before Laxus pipes up.

"So that's your idea of controlling the match. You think I care," Laxus says with a glare.

"The point is. I can arrange for you to win this match. Depending on how our negotiations fair," I explained.

Laxus takes off his coat saying, "Ain't no way I'm fallin for that. I don't really give a crap about your stupid illusion, but I can't wait to get my hands on the real you so I can defeat you here and now."

"That's not going to happen," Flare chuckles behind me as the rest of the guild appears behind me alongside Flare.

Laxus stares indifferently, his lightning cracking around him.

"Reality can be pretty harsh sometimes," Nalpudding comments.

"Your power is impressive, but not even the strongest of wizards could defeat all of Raventail at once," I threatened, the guild chuckling behind me.

***Laxus's p.o.v***

I stared back at Alexei and his guildmembers. I spared a glance at the small hooded figure directly behind Alexei.

"No, you don't understand. We don't need to defeat her. We need to rescue her."

'Roger that Gajeel,' I thought.