Chapter 40 - War

A/N: Ready, set, here we go!!!!

***Gray's p.o.v***

I walked along the path outside of Mt. Hakobe as I headed back to the guild. It was a relatively nice day, not too hot, not too cold, just nice.

I took a nice breath of air within the quiet morning. It's been a long time since I went on a solo mission, but it felt good to get away from the guild for a while.

I do feel a bit bad telling Juvia no to tagging along, but I'm sure she'll understand.

A sudden rustling of leaves and snapping of branches quickly jerked away my attention from my thoughts of Juvia.

I stopped my pace and stayed on guard as I called out, "Hello? Who's there?"

No answer.

I stayed on guard as I kept my eyes peeled.

Another sudden rustle and I jumped away.

Just in time as two light blue chains whipped the ground where I was previously standing.

"Ice?" I questioned as I landed a little ways away. A dark chuckle echoed within the area as a man with dark skin and pale blue eyes appeared before me.

"Well, well, you are more impressive than you look," the man smirked.

"What made you think I wouldn't be impressive? I am a Fairytail wizard after all," I smirked at him.

"Then show me ice wizard!" He shouted, throwing his ice chains again.

I jumped out of the way as I shouted, "Bring it on! Ice-Make: hammer!"

The man smirked, creating more chains, and using them as whips to destroy the hammer of ice before him.

I grinded my teeth before I tried another attack.

"Ice Make: Canon!" I shouted, shooting a blast towards him.

He quickly summoned a wall of ice chains to block my attack, but my attack broke through blasting him back a bit.

The man smirked as the dust cleared before I suddenly felt something attach to my wrist.

'Where did that come from?!' I thought.

"Take this!" He shouted, lifting me up and throwing me across the ground.

"Aargh!" I yelled.

The man laughed as he dragged me across the ground.

Opening my eyes in a rage I shouted, "Ice-Make: Cold Excalibur!"

I created my massive sword as I quickly used it to destroy the chains against my wrists before sliding away from the man with a growl.

"Quite interesting," the man chuckled.

"What do you want?" I shouted at him.

"What do I want?" The man chuckled. "Nothing, except for the completion of my master's mission," he smiled.

"And what is that?" I questioned tightening my grip on my sword.

The man laughed, "Well, wouldn't you like to know."

The man suddenly darkened, "All you need to know is that you're a threat to our plan, so we're going to take you out of the picture completely."

"You can try! Ice Impact!" I shouted, swinging my sword.

His chains wrapped around my sword before the ice impact shattered everything, blowing us back.

"If you're this persistent, I can't wait to see what the rest of your guild is like," the man smirked.