Chapter 2- Shadow Within the Games

***Maylene's p.o.v***

"Ready for action. Let's get things started with the first contest of the Grand Magic Games, one that we call Hidden!" Chapati announced.

I glanced in worry from the Raventail balcony as I feared for the other guilds against the wrath of Raventail.

"From Raventail, Nalpudding!" Chapati announces.

"Be careful everyone..." I muttered softly in worry as the game of Hidden begins.

"Nalpudding's got this one covered. Fairytail won't know what hit them. They don't stand a chance against us," Alexei boasts as he and the others enter into the Raventail balcony.

"Heh-heh, yeah. Don't you agree Maylene," Flare says wrapping her hair around me.

"Hmm-mm," I nodded obediently, feeling Alexei's stare.

I turned back to the games to notice that Nalpudding had found one of the Fairytail competitors, Gray? was it. I watched as Nalpudding tricked Gray as Gray hit one of Nalpudding's clones, losing a point.

I watched as Nalpudding found Gray again and defeated him scoring us another point.

Flare notices someone staring and turns in their direction muttering, "You know staring isn't very nice blondie."

I turned in the direction Flare is talking to, to see Fairytail team A, and there was a blonde girl there staring at us.

"Maybe I'll teach you some manners," Flare threatens.

"That's enough Flare," Alexei threatens.

I turn away from them back to the games, to not get into trouble. I turned back just in time to see Nalpudding take out both Fairytail members in one blow adding two points to our team. The game continues as all of the teams rack up points.

Suddenly, Rufus, the wizard from the Sabertooth guild uses a spell that hits all of the team members at once. Although, Nalpudding dodged it and tried to take down Rufus, but Nalpudding hits his copy. Rufus uses the opportunity to attack and successfully hit Nalpudding, us losing a point.

While all the teams are frustrated and in awe of Rufus's attack. Gray takes out his anger by trying to attack Rufus, but Nalpudding comes in and defeats Gray again.

I gasped at the dirty hit from Nalpudding.

"Something wrong Maylene?" Alexei asks in a threatening manner.

"No, Alexei sir," I quickly responded, putting my head down.

The game ends with us in second place and both Fairytail teams in last place.

'Poor Fairytail...I'm sorry...' I thought sadly as I watched them return sadly to their teammates.

"Coming up next is the battle part of the contest. Our very first matchup for this year's Grand Magic Games will test the abilities of Fairytail A's Zodiac wielder, Lucy Heartfillia against the crimson intensity, Raventail's Flare Corona," Chaptai announces.

Flare heads down to the battlefield and the battle begins with Lucy starting off with summoning two celestial spirits. The spirits attack Flare, but she attacks right back with her hair cover wolf fang attack.

Lucy counter attacks with a spirit that cuts her hair. Flare gets angry and aggressively attacks Lucy, swinging her around and slamming her into the ground.

I widened my eyes in fear for the blonde mage.

Lucy counters with her whip as they both swing around in the air and slam into the ground. Flare now ticked, pulls a dirty trick.

The guild chuckles in praise as I worriedly glance at the Fairytail balcony, hoping no one will get hurt. Flare had a piece of her hair right next to a little girl in the Fairytail balcony.

I turn back to the fight, biting my lip as Flare pummels Lucy, Lucy not fighting back to protect the little girl. One of the Fairytail members shouts, "You're in the clear Lucy!"

At the last second, the battle turns around as Lucy fights back calling out another spirit. Lucy starts to enchant a powerful spell as Flare lies there helpless.

"Obra," Alexei mutters.

I look up at Alexei as Obra steps forward. I gasped in shock as Obra chants his spell, draining Lucy's magic cutting off Lucy's spell right before it hits Flare. Lucy falls to the ground in defeat as Flare stands up triumphant. Flare walks back to our guild as I sadly watch Lucy cry from the field below.

'I'm sorry Fairytail. I'm so sorry,' I thought sadly turning away from the games, leaving the field with the rest of the guild.

***Timeskip*** ***Gajeel's p.o.v***

"Hmmm," I grumbled as everyone drinks away their sorrows.

"You upset as well Gajeel?" Pantherlily asks walking up to me.

"Yeah, but its not just that," I responded.

'I just can't stop thinking about Maylene. Seven years. I left her there for seven more years. With him,' I thought grinding my teeth in frustration.

I abruptly stood up. "Lily, have Laxus and Master meet me outside behind the bar," I ordered.

"Ok. What for?" Lily asks.

"We need to talk. Privately," I said exiting the bar, not missing Lily's confused glance as he flies off.

***Timeskip***

"Alright Gajeel, what's this about?" Laxus asks walking up to me alongside Master.

"Is something wrong my boy?" Master asks concerned.

"Yeah, there's something I need to tell you both," I say to them seriously.

I received their full attention at that statement.

"It's time I tell you, about Ivan's little secret."

A/N: Sorry this chapter was a little boring, but the next chapter will definitely be a little more interesting. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and enjoy your day everyday!!!