Chapter 42 - New Evil

A/N: Heyo! I'm back! I haven't fully recovered from my cold, just a little runny nose left, but I'm back in business! Sorry for the wait and here you go!

***Third-person p.o.v***

"Any idea what they could be after?" Makarov asked.

"No, I still don't understand what they could possibly build from these yet," Levy explained gazing at the list of parts.

"Let's try looking at this differently Levy," Freed piped up, trying to calm a frustrated Levy.

"You're right Freed," Levy sighed.

"Any word from Sabertooth yet?" Master asked.

"Nothing yet Master," Mira replied.

The news of Sabertooth's defeat quickly spread as did the fear for the dark wizards that defeated them.

They have been stealing parts and taking down wizards everywhere. Fairytail's managed to acquire a list of the stolen parts and the casualties but that is all they have on them, barely any descriptions on their members or abilities. Sting and the others were still out cold the last Fairytail had heard, and everyone was hoping both them and Gray will awaken soon for their sake, and for the sake of possibly attaining new information on these dark wizards.

Master hummed, "We must find out what they are after."

"How's Gray?" Lucy asked Erza.

"May and Wendy fixed him up. He just needs some rest and he'll be fine. Juvia's with him," Erza responded.

"That's good," Lucy sighed relieved.

Looking around for a moment before turning to Laxus, Gajeel asked, "Where did Snowball and the Squirt go?"

"They went out for a walk to relax a bit since they used up so much magic energy healing Gray. They should be back soon," Laxus answered.

***Wendy's p.o.v***

"Do you think the others will be alright?" I asked.

"Don't you worry Wendy, Sabertooth and the other guilds have excellent healers too. I'm sure they'll be fine," May reassured.

"You're right May," I smiled. May giggled.

"I do wonder what they hope to gain though," May questioned as we walked down the streets of Magnolia.

"Well, wouldn't you like to know," a voice behind us suddenly sneered.

We shivered at the voice before we quickly turned around. Behind us was a black man with white tattoos across his body as he sneered down at us, "Hello ladies."

May and I instinctively jumped away from him quickly getting defensive.

The man smirked raising his hand as icy letters formed around us, caging us in.

"Runes?" May questioned in surprise as she gazed at the letters.

"May," I started.

"Yeah, I know. We're under attack," May responded getting serious.

"If you know that then maybe you should be more on the offensive ice dragon," a buff, tall white bearded man said as he approached us through the icy runes.

"Who are you?" May asked as we analyzed him.

May and I are still very low on magic energy since we used most of it to heal Gray and sensing this guy's magic power... I don't think the both of us combined will be able to take him out.