Epilogue - Snowfall

***5 years later***

***Third-person p.o.v***

"Hey, you're Maylene, right?"

Maylene turned to the shy looking boy behind her.

"Oh yes, that's me. Is there something I can help you with?" Maylene smiled at him.

"I'm Roy, a new member of the Lamia Scale guild and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me?" Roy asked, his cheeks glowing very red.

Maylene blinked in surprise. Giggling, she responded, "Well, aren't you sweet. I-"

"She's not interested," a looming shadow boomed dangerously.

"Eek! I'm sorry! Goodbye!" Roy bolted off, frightened.

"Roy! Wait!" Maylene called after him.

"Laxus!" Maylene scolded.

"Why did you do that?" Maylene yelled at him.

"What? He was bothering you, so I made him go away," Laxus shrugged.

"He wasn't bothering me! He was asking me on a date!" Maylene retorted.

"You're not allowed to date so he was essentially bothering you," Laxus scolded, crossing his arms.

"Laxus I'm 18! I'm not 12 anymore! I don't need you to tell me what not to do, and I am absolutely allowed to date!" Maylene countered crossing her own arms.

"No, you're not. Master forbade it," Laxus countered.

"Just because you're the Master of Fairytail doesn't mean you get to rule over my life!" Maylene objected.

"I'm your older brother and that should be enough!"

"As my older brother you should be supporting me! Not chaining me down!"

"I'm not chaining you down! I'm protecting you!"

"I don't need protecting! I can take care of myself!"

"FINE!"

"FINE!" Maylene huffed before she turned around and stomped toward the guildhall.

I huffed myself before following after her, ignoring the stares from the townspeople as I went.

***Timeskip***

"Afternoon Laxus," Freed greeted as he, Ever, and Bicks sat at the table alongside him.

"What's up man?" Bicks questioned, noticing something was up.

"Where's May?" Ever asked.

"May went with Wendy to go do some shopping," Laxus answered with a grumble.

"Wait, did you two fight again?" Freed asked, putting some pieces together.

"No! Some jerk just asked her out," Laxus grumbled.

The Thunder Legion exchanged a glance.

"Dude, you've gotta let her go on a date," Bickslow spoke.

"What?" Laxus gasped.

"You've gotta let her experience these things on her own," Ever explained.

"No way, I'm not letting some idiot break her heart. Ivan and that stupid Ice King freak did enough damage. I'm not letting her get hurt again," Laxus spoke firmly.

"Laxus she's 18 now, don't you think she deserves a little freedom?" Freed reasoned.

"She can have all the freedom she wants just no dating," Laxus answered simply.

"Dude, you gotta let go."

"No."

"She'll have to learn sometime."

"No, she won't."

"You can't protect her forever Laxus."

"Watch me."

"Dude let her have some independence."

"She has plenty."

"She can take care of herself. She'll be fine."

"No."

"Laxus-"

"No. I'm not letting her date and that's final," Laxus spoke sternly.

The Thunder Legion sighed.

Suddenly, the guilddoors opened gaining Laxus's attention.

Wendy walked in with Romeo laughing at the silly joke he just told her.

Laxus raised a brow.

"Wendy," Laxus spoke gaining her attention. "Where's May?"

"Oh, we ran into Rogue and Romeo while shopping, and May and Rogue left together somewhere," Wendy answered simply.

Laxus seethed from his seat before he stood up and raced out the door roaring, "MAY!!!"

"Laxus wait!" The Thunder Legion yelled chasing after him.

"That would be our cue to leave, like right now," May spoke to Rogue as he chuckled, both of them breaking into a run after hearing Laxus from across Magnolia.

"Dude doesn't let go, does he?" Gajeel chuckled, munching on some iron as he leaned against the outside of the guild.

"I guess not huh," Levy smiled warmly beside him.

'She finally got the new start she needed. She got to live the happier life that was promised to her so long ago. One where she isn't held up by her past as it only pushes her forward. One that has filled her with smiles and laughter, rather than tears and cries of pain.'

Looking up at the sky, I watched as the snow fell from the sky ever so peacefully.

'They say when snow falls it's like it's starting everything over and wiping the slate clean. Where everything is turned to white before it is colored back in again. I think May's journey was just that. Just as new, just as special, as an early morning Snowfall.'

A/N: PLEASE read the author's note, there are important information about May, Rachel, and Prism and info about my next BOOK!!!! I promise you guys will not regret it!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter as always don't forget to Vote, Comment,...

A/N: PLEASE read the author's note, there are important information about May, Rachel, and Prism and info about my next BOOK!!!! I promise you guys will not regret it!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter as always don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Enjoy your day every day!!!!