Chapter 36 - Training in the Mountains

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! Here we go!!!

***Laxus's p.o.v***

"Come on May! Put more energy into it!" I shouted at her over the raging blizzard.

May, the Thunder Legion, and I were currently on Mt. Hakobe as we trained May intensely.

May was currently fighting the Thunder Legion within the wintry weather so as to help her get more accustomed to the element.

May panted as her ice claws dissipated.

The others stood up defensively waiting for her next move before Evergreen suddenly sneezed.

We all glanced at her in surprise before I sighed as I pulled up my scarf, "Why don't we take a break to warm up."

***Timeskip***

Freed worked on cooking us some dinner as Evergreen and Bickslow chatted with him beside the fire.

I glanced over at May as she sat next to the ice wall she put up at the caves entrance.

Sighing, I walked over and sat beside her.

"You're doing pretty well," I told her.

She perked up glancing at me before turning away again, "Thanks."

"But you need to release more energy into your attacks if you want to improve your overall control," I told her as she listened.

"So why are you still hesitating?" I asked her.

"I never felt cold like that before," she muttered.

"It was so intense, it felt like-"

"A raging dragon," I finished for her.

"Yeah," she muttered.

"I - I don't understand. How do you guys control it? Wendy wields it all the time and I couldn't even control it once," May muttered sadly.

I thought on that.

"Perhaps it's because... We all have something to fight for," I said as May looked at me.

"We know what we can do and how we want to do it and our magic supports us. The dragon inside us supports us. Like a treasure a dragon wants to protect," I explained.

"You have something you wish to protect?" she asked me.

I laughed, "Well duh, you and the rest of the Thunder Legion, not to mention the guild. You guys are everything to me."

She smiled, "Me too."

I patted her head, "You just need to understand your magic a bit more. Then I'm sure you'll be able to control it. Wendy and the others had dragons to help them learn and control their magic, something we didn't have. There's something different about your magic than the other Dragon Slayers, but we'll figure it out, I promise," I told her.

She smiled.

"Come on, you hungry? Let's get some food before we get back to training," I told her.

"It's ok I'm not that hungry," May smiled.

Grrroooowwwwwllll~

May blushed a deep shade of red as I laughed.

"Sounds like your stomach has other ideas," I chuckled at her.

She blushed.

"Now you're going to pay for lying to me May," I smirked at her.

She widened her eyes.

"No! Laxus!" She yelped as she jumped up away from me.

She laughed as she dodged my attacks before I used my lightning and grabbed her, "Gotcha!!"

"Ah! Laxus! N- no fair!" She spoke between giggles.

"Well now you'll learn your lesson," I laughed as I tickled her.

"L-Laxus!" She laughed as the Thunder Legion chuckled at them. 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter ! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Enjoy your day everyday!!!!