Chapter 35 - Enough

***Laxus's p.o.v***

I walked into the guild and headed straight towards my usual table with the Thunder Legion.

The Thunder Legion looked up as I approached before they immediately saddened.

"No May today either?" Evergreen asked sadly.

"No..." I replied sadly.

"It's the third day now," Bickslow muttered sadly.

"I know... she didn't even respond to me today when I asked her to come out," Laxus replied.

"Is there nothing we can do?" Freed asked.

"I don't-"

"Laxus!" Master Makarov called.

I sighed. "I'm going to see what the old man wants. I'll be back later," I muttered before I left to find the old man in his office.

Entering the office, I asked, "What is it old man?"

"Laxus, sit down," Gramps stated surprisingly calm as I sat down.

"Why hasn't May come out of her room yet?" Gramps asked calmly.

I sighed, "I don't know. I've asked her to come out so we can talk about this, but she doesn't want to come out. She didn't even answer me this morning. I'm not even sure she's been eating eith-"

Whack!

"Ow! What the heck old man!" I yelled at him.

"Don't call me old! Anyhow you're not going to get her to come out just by waiting on her. She's clearly not going to come out on her own!" Gramps scolded.

"I can't just drag her out! I'll scare her! And I- I don't want to do that. I don't want it to go back to the way it was between us when we first met," I spoke thinking back to how scared she used to be of me.

Whack!

"Ow! Would you cut that out!" I yelled at him.

"Not until you stop being an idiot! The real grandson I know wouldn't hesitate to bust in and drag her out no matter the consequences because he knew it was for their own good! May loves you and has said that time and time again. When will it finally register in your thick skull! She loves you; she's not going to be scared of you, but right now she's too scared of herself to even take care of herself and it's your job to make sure she's taken care of whether she wants it or not," Gramps scolded.

Gramps's words sunk in as I stood up.

'I really have been an idiot. What have I been thinking?' I thought frustrated at myself.

"You're right Gramps. Thanks," I said before I left. Gramps sighed as he shook his head and smiled.

I ran through the guildhall past the Thunder Legion, surprising them as I determinedly headed straight home.

I opened the door and stormed up the stairs before I banged on the door.

"May open up! You can't hide in there forever!" I yelled.

She didn't answer but I could smell the tears behind the door.

Looking down, I noticed all the food I have left her these past few days.

'She hasn't been eating,' I thought narrowing my eyes.

I tried to open the door to find it locked and cold.

'Did she freeze the door shut?' I questioned to myself.

"That's it, enough of this," I muttered before I rammed against the door with all my might. The door broke off its hinges and crashed onto the icy floor. I panted as I looked around the room widening my eyes a bit at the sight.

The room was covered in a layer of ice, ice that grew thicker the closer they got to... May.

May, who was curled into herself as she hid in the corner of the room with her head in her knees.

I saddened at the sight as I approached her.

She flinched as I got closer as she tried to back further into the wall.

As I kneeled down in front of her, I could see the tears staining her cheeks and I could easily tell she's been starving herself.

"May..." I called out to her.

She flinched, "Don't. I don't want to-"

"You're not going to hurt me May," I told her.

"You don't know that," she mumbled.

"You're right, I don't," I stated as she stopped and looked at me.

"But how do you know I won't hurt you?" I questioned to her.

"You wouldn't do that," she answered.

"Not on purpose, but accidents happen and when they do, we fix them. You really think I haven't accidentally hurt my friends?" I asked her.

"You have?" May questioned.

"Yeah, I wield lightning for goodness sake. I'm bound to slip up once in a while. I know I've definitely hit Freed and the others more than once by accident on a mission or two. It happens. May, I know you're scared, and this is all new and overwhelming to you, but it scares us when you hide out like this. It scares me. I don't want you to neglect and not take care of yourself. So please, don't hide from us anymore. I promise we'll figure this out. You know what, we'll do what we do best, we'll train, and we'll help you control this power, okay?" I told her sincerely.

May looked at me for a moment before she nodded as she sniffled.

I sat beside her and pulled her into a hug as her ice dissipated. She leaned against me as she wiped away her tears.

I held her close in a comforting manner as we sat for a bit in silence.

"Come on May, let's go get something to eat."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Enjoy your day everyday!!!