Chapter 1

* Kate * 

So it's been a few weeks since the Cullens found out about Kol and I and Edward has been acting like he has a major wedgie about the whole thing .It was honestly rather annoying . Whenever Kol was around , it was like Edward was shooting him with lazers and everytime Kol WASN'T around , Edward was sending me silent glares .He's slowly coming around though . And I do mean SLOWLY . Alice was even worse . We weren't even offically engaged and Alice was already picking out dresses and things . I was sort of on edge about Bella because at first she seemed like the type of person that Edward would date to feel better about himself instead of getting a NORMAL haircut , but now I see that he truly does love her . Why ? I don't know . Sure she's pretty, but she's rather dull . And clumsy ! Did I mention that one ? She's clumsy as hell ! Edward's wedding is coming up in a few days and I'm his best man . I stole the job from Emmett . I healed up nicely , but still have a few scars from the fight . Kol left a few weeks ago to take care of some bussiness and I won't see him till the wedding in a few days. Today , I'm heading to La Push to go see Seth . He's actually a pretty cool kid and we hang out alot because nobody else seems to understand me except Kol , Emmett , and Rosalie . I slid into a t-shirt and some short shorts with some sneakers and grabbed my keys off of the hook before getting into my car and starting to drive to La Push . I parked my car and then got out , seeing Seth on the beach . I didn't realize that he was with the pack until I got close enough for him to see me . 

" Kate ! " Seth said , leaving them and running over , twirling me around in a big hug. 

" Hey there, Seth . I didn't mean to interupt anything . " I said , looking over my shoulder at all of the guys .

He shook his head .

" It's nothing . We were just talking. Wanna take a walk ? " he asked , grabbing my hand .

I nodded .

" Sure . I came here to see you , after all. " I said , nudging him playfully .

He laughed and led me away from the other as we walked on the beach .

" So .... Kol's not back yet ? " he asked curiously .

I shook my head .

" Not yet . Not until the wedding . " I replied with a shrug . 

He nodded . 

" How is Edward ? Is he gonna back out ? " Seth joked .

I rolled my eyes .

" No . "

" You don't seem to like Bella that much , Kate . " he said .

I shrugged .

" She's not my cup of tea . "

Seth looked at me a moment .

" It means that she's not my favorite person in the world . Seeing as how I almost died to save her . "

He nodded .

" I guess pretty soon , it will be you and Kol walking down the aisle , huh ? " he asked , nudging me .

I laughed .

" Maybe . Maybe not. I'd be happy just to travel the world with him . "

Seth smiled .

" That's sweet . "

I nodded .

" I have my moments . " I said , laughing .

" And what about .... Jacob ? And Damon ? " he asked .

I shrugged.

" Damon is a player . He'll find someone . Jacob ..... is delusional . I'm not his " imprint " or whatever it's called ."

" How do you know ? " he asked , looking over at me .

I sighed .

" Because .... it's impossible. I'm supposed to be with Kol. I've loved him for a VERY long time . "

" I hope you're right . " he said .