Chapter 10

* Kate *

I was running through the woods and there was no sign of Jacob or Klaus . Suddenly , I felt an arm reach out and grab me around the waist , clamping a hand over my mouth . I started to panic , not knowing what was going on . I was sure it was Klaus and he was going to kill me for whatever reason . I closed my eyes and tried to calm down , hoping it'd be fast . I wasn't even in a position to fight back . 

" Are you alright ? " asked a fimiliar voice . 

Elijah . But what was he doing here ?

I nodded as he unclamped the hand from my mouth as he picked me up bridal style and used his vampire speed to blurr us to a different place that I'm sure was outside of Forks . Port Angeles perhaps. He set me down in an apartment on a couch . 

" Would you like something to drink ? " he asked  .

I shook my head . 

" Not really . I actually just want to know what the hell is going on . " I said .

Elijah sighed .

" I suppose you should know . I'm Elijah Mikaelson . Kol , Rebekah , and Finn are my siblings . Klaus is my half brother and we're the original family of vampires . " he said .

" YOU'RE the originals ? I knew Mikael . He trained me . " I said .

He looked at me curiously .

" I know . Long story . You first . " I said , leaning back on the couch .

" We're over 1000 years old . We grew up in a village that existed where Mystic Falls is now . In that village , there was a woman named Tatia . Klaus and I had a ... fued over her for her beauty . I thought I loved her and so did Klaus . Well , at least until we met Briat .Briat was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen . Far more beautiful then Tatia could even dream of . Briat was Tatia's half sister . Same mother , different fathers . And so , our fued shifted from Tatia to Briat . To ensure our mortality , my mother used Tatia's blood . But to ensure our freedom , she used Briat's . In other words , Klaus is a hybrid . He was thinking that he could release his werewolf side with the Petrova doppleganger , but it wasn't the Petrova doppleganger he needed and so it wouldn't work . Kol came back to Mystic Falls for a visit and Klaus sensed something was different and so he followed him back to Forks . Back to you . And now the puzzle is complete and he will stop at nothing for your blood . " Elijah said .

I was in shock at what I was hearing . How was this possible ? What was going to happen me . 

" A-And you ? Why are you back ? " I asked , looking at him with narrowed eyes .

" I'm here to make sure that you make it out of this alive . " he said simply .

I cleared my throat .

" Why ? What's in it for you ? " I asked , not believing him .

" Briat . I loved her . I would stop at nothing , even after death to ..... make sure that she got what she wanted . Safety ." he said .

I suddenly felt bad for him . 

 " And if you ever hope to survive , you'll need all the help you can get . You've already got me and Kol . But unfortunately , my little sister cannot wake up from Klaus's manipulation . Rebekah is here too , and she's only going to want to make Klaus happy . You need to play this very carefully . " he said .

I nodded .

" Thank you . " I said , putting my hand ontop of his .

He sighed and looked down at our hands and then pulled them up , kissing mine gently .

" I can see why Kol loves you . " he said .

I looked down .

" So .... what now ? " I asked .

"None of our type of vampire can go inside unless invited in by a human . But that doesn't stop the situation of him going to try and surround you and cut off your supplies . " Elijah muttered .

" The last doppleganger .... was her name .... Elena ? " I asked , suddenly .

Elijah looked up and nodded .

" Yes , Tatia's doppleganger , but you're the first of Briat's doppleganger's I've ever seen . Elena was a Petrova Doppleganger . You're a Decanava Doppleganger . That was Briat's father's last name before her mother remarried a Petrova . "

I nodded and sat back , pondering this .

" I have a plan .... but I don't know if it'd work or not .... " Elijah said .

" Whatever it is .... it's worth a try . " I said with a small smile as my phone rung .

I picked it up.

" Hello ? " I asked .

" Kate , thank God ! What the hell is wrong with you ? Where are you ?! " Kol demanded .

" With Elijah . He helped me . We're in Port Angeles . " I said .

" I'm coming to get you . " he said , furiously .

I shook my head .

" Don't bother . We're on the way back . Elijah is going to try and sneak me in . One of you go put on a mini skirt and distract your brother . I love you . "I said and then hung up .

--- Me and my twists . * shakes head * ----