Chapter 13: Sports Festival

These two are literal queens in their own right.

The question is...which one is your favorite?

-----

It was another day in Sobu High, the student body all dressed up in jumpsuits as it was a particular event. Banners were hanged up all around.

Hachiman could be seen walking on a concrete road and Y/N could be seen sitting by a tree, leaning up against it as he's sleeping, the gentle breeze blowing his hair. Everyone was wearing different colored jumpsuits and headbands. Y/N was wearing a green jumpsuit as is Hachiman. Hayato's clique members could be seen wearing green jumpsuits and white headbands as they were stretching.

After all, this important event they were in...

Was a Sports Festival.

Hachiman: In fact, you should say it is necessary for someone not to experience what others do.

Yui: (sigh) There he goes again.

Yukino: While it's not logically sound, it is somewhat persuasive. Therein lies the problem.

Hachiman: Hey, it's not my problem. (crosses arms) It's society's problem.

Giggling could be heard as the other three members of the Service Club look to the student council president, who was to their right.

Meguri: You guys make a real team!

Hachiman: It would be a team if L/N wasn't laying about.

Yukino: Speaking of which, where is he?

Hachiman: Sleeping by that tree over there.

Meguri: Enough of that! All right, let's do this! Hip, hip, hooray!

Hachiman, Yui, and Yukino: (less enthusiastic) Hooray...

Earlier in the day...

The four Service Club members sat in their usual room, Yukino having set up snacks on the desk near the window. 

Yui and Yukino were looking on Yukino's laptop, Hachiman chewing away on some bread and Y/N was sitting in his usual spot, listening to music as he was reading a digital novel on his phone.

Yukino: What should we do about this?

Y/N: Hmm?

Hachiman: Huh?

Yui: Yeah...

Looking onto Yukino's laptop, they found a request under the name of "Megu Megu."

It read, "I'm looking for ideas to make an athletics festival a blast. Also, it's my last festival, so I want to win if I can!"

Hachiman: (thoughts) A request for advice on the Trans Chiba Advice Please website. The most recent service our club is to perform.

Yui: "I'm looking for ideas to make an athletics festival a blast. Also, it's my last festival, so I want to win if I can!"

Hachiman: (groans) So it's that time of year again.

Y/N: (sigh) I don't want to do it. Let me sleep.

Yukino: I didn't enjoy the interclass relay race.

Hachiman: That pressure from the other kids.

Y/N: Tell me about it.

Yui: I wasn't very good at running, so it was hard for me.

Hachiman: Yeah, yeah. And there's always that guy who'd go apeshit whenever someone passed you. Damn Nagayama on the Soccer Team.