S3, Chapter 9: A Night With The Sister-In-Law

Two days had passed since Y/N had semi-declared his "love" for Yukino Yukinoshita. Of course, he knew it himself that he loved her. He just wasn't sure how he was supposed to say it.

Yesterday, he ran into her a couple of times when he went out. Every time their eyes met, he'd be overcome with blush and would awkwardly shift around, much to her confusion. Y/N himself was still getting used to the feeling he had been receiving. He was honestly so mad at himself for not noticing it back then and only noticed the feeling now. He really was an idiot.

Currently, he was able to get his act together, now that the prom has been fully approved by the PTO. They all met in the school gym, tables, streamers, ribbons, and banners decorated the area.

Iroha: Yukino-senpai is in charge of things in general, and I'm the MC and also responsible for the sound systems. The vice president will be in charge of the lighting, and the secretary is working with the catering. I've got minions from the Soccer Club taking care of all the other odd jobs. Oh, and also, someone very intimidating coming to handle any wardrobe mishaps!

Y/N: Oh, Saki, huh? You're making it sound like you're hiding a Yakuza or something. 

Yukino: If Hikigaya-kun, Yuigahama-san, and Y/N will be helping us out, then...perhaps they could cover the reception desk or do the lights or music?

Yui: I'll work at the reception desk! Hikky isn't really suited for it...and L/N-san--

Y/N: Just tell me what to do and I'll get it done. 

Iroha: That's true. In that case, you two can be the sound assistants. The plan was for me to do it all alone, but I have to be all over the place tonight. So it'd be a huge help if one of you could stay the whole time.

Y/N: I'll just move around and help as I go. That's what I'm mainly good at.

Hachiman: Got it. 

With the plan settled for the day, everyone was going about their work. As for what he said, Y/N was going around, helping as much as he could. It was mostly moving things around and setting up lights and different things. Occasionally, Saki would have him help out with a few small things as well, getting some measurements off of him.

However, it was a different story when he would go to assist Yukino with something. When he did, the slightest contact between them would incite a blush on the both of them, the two apologizing for no apparent reason. Their little word exchange would often end with an awkward goodbye.

Y/N: S-So does this mic need a stand?

Yukino: Y-Yes, I believe so.

Y/N: How h-high do you need it? About here?

Yukino: (shyly looks away) That's fine, but I can handle something like this on my own. 

Y/N: (scratches head) R-Right. My bad.

Yukino: No, th-that's nothing to apologize for. 

Y/N: No, I mean for other things, too...

The two silent looked at each other, blushes soon appearing on their faces as they thought of their encounter in the Service Club room two days ago. Awkwardly saying goodbye, Y/N heads off to someone else who needed help. 

Overall, it was just a normal day at the school. As Y/N worked around, being the worker drone he was, he thought about next year. Next year, another prom would be held, but this time meant for the graduating class of his year. And next year, the Service Club would be done, disbanded. But deep down, he'd still help anyone, whether it was the student council or Yukino Yukinoshita asking for help. It's what his mother would want and it was how he was raised by her. Y/N's lips curved upwards at the thought of all this. He didn't think it was bad at all.