S3, Chapter 1: Another Day Out

Apologies for the long wait. I have been overall busy and with this week even being more hectic, me having to go in person on Wednesday for school because of my CTE class and also my wisdom teeth removal on Thursday.

Anyway, here is the first chapter of season three. Enjoy.

---

It was the next day in the L/N apartment complex. Y/N didn't remember how many hours it's been since the "date" with the other Service Club members, but there has been a long silence. It seemed like a long story. Nevertheless, his life has been long, at least to him. The one question that remained on his mind.

"Who was his light"?

That's what he'd always wonder. His mother is what his light was before, but she had met a tragic end, leaving Y/N's personality to shatter. But he still pressed on. Unknown to him, something, or rather, someone was waiting for him. He just didn't know it yet.

Before, Night

On the so called "date," it was nighttime. Yui, Y/N, and Yukino were under a covered area, the two girls sitting on the bench with Y/N leaning up against the wooden post.

The two were startled when Hachiman had walked up to them, handing them a drink. Y/N had turned around slightly, extending his hand as he caught a MAXX can coffee from Hachiman. Yui and Yukino go into their pockets to owe him, but Hachiman just shakes his head left and right, denying it.

With a smile, the two take their drinks, Hachiman taking his own MAXX coffee can and opens it, silently drinking it. Y/N was halfway finished with his, him staring out at the nearby trees as the snow fell.

Yukino: That's very pretty.

Yui: Yeah! I searched for lots of different kinds of bags and colorful masking tape!

Hachiman: Colorful "Namaste?" Isn't that some sort of greeting in India?

Y/N: (sigh) She said masking tape, dumbass.

Yukino: That's some particular useless knowledge for someone who doesn't even give a proper greeting.

Hachiman: Don't be dumb. A simple greeting can create an atmosphere for conversation, right?

Y/N: (shrugs) I guess.

Hachiman: The standards of greeting are essential knowledge.

Yukino: A greeting counts as a conversation to you, doesn't it?

Hachiman: Yes. That's why I try to do it as little as possible.

Yui: Hikky, that's really bad.

The other black haired teen was leaning against the opposite post Y/N was at. Yui could see that Hachiman was holding onto the cookie bag she had given to him earlier.

Yui: I have no confidence in how it tastes, but since I did do my best...

Hachiman: Yeah, I can understand that.

Yui: Right? That's what you told me. I'm showing that I tried!

Flashback, Yui's Memories

On their first day of Y/N and Hachiman being Service Club members, Yui had come to the three members of her request, making cookies. Cooking utensils and baking ingredients were on the table, along with two plates.

On one of the plates was a normal batch of cookies while the other had a burnt batch. Yukino was laying her head on the table, burying her face into her arms in disappointment. Yui on the other hand stared at her own, tilting her head in confusion.