Chapter 12: Smile For You

There were currently many guests at the cultural festival. Hachiman was currently in charge of taking photos of the event. His sister, Komachi, had actually stopped by as well.

Y/N's brother had left work early and decided to visit as well. Setsuna was in the auditorium with Haruno. Saki had left Y/N up on the roof, who was still contemplating on what she had said to him. On the way to her classroom, she encounters the older cousin.

Itsuki: Saki, good day to you.

Saki: Itsuki-nii san.

Itsuki: Where's the others?

Saki: Most likely exploring the grounds. I'm heading back to my classroom.

Itsuki: Y/N and Setsuna?

Saki: Last I heard about Setsuna is that she's in the auditorium. Y/N is on the roof. We had a bit of time so we just sat up there.

Itsuki: Well, I'm going to look around and see what this place has to offer. Been awhile since I was last here. See you around.

Saki: Bye. (thoughts) ...He should really get a wife. Him and Hiratsuka-sensei could hit it off.

Back with Y/N

The green-eyed boy still sat on the roof, pondering the words his cousin had said to him. Was he to follow those feelings he's been getting?

Love was a hard concept for him to grasp. His mother had tried telling him when he was little but he still didn't get it. He could ask his sister, but it would end up with him getting teased. Not that it is a bad thing to get teased by his older sister, sometimes she just makes it a bit dramatic. She usually makes her outbursts over the top.

With nothing better to do, he leaves the roof and heads to the auditorium. Upon arriving, he sees his older brother, a blush on his face.

Y/N: Nii-san, what's wrong with you?

Itsuki doesn't respond as his jaw was dropping. When Y/N glanced to the stage, he smirks. Itsuki was seeing Shizuka in makeup and a pretty black dress. Her hair was in a bun and had bangs going down the side. She even had lipstick, something that Y/N doesn't see on his teacher very often.

Y/N nudges Itsuki's side, who finally notices that his younger brother was here.

Y/N: Going to ask her out?

Itsuki: (blushes) H-Huh!? Don't be an idiot!

Y/N: Whatever.

Y/N proceeds to the upper area, still watching the performance. Hiratsuka was playing the piano and Haruno was composing the whole entire thing. The crowd sure found this enjoyable.

Along the way, he encounters Hachiman and Yukino.

Yukino: Expectedly good.

Hachiman: Unexpectedly praised. You don't usually do that.

Yukino: Really?

Y/N: She holds her sister in high regard, you know.

The two finally notice Y/N, who was standing right next to them.

Hachiman: What the--at least tell us when you get here.

Y/N: Sorry.

Yukino: (looks back to stage) There was a time when I wanted to be just like her.

Y/N: You don't need to. You're fine the way you are.

If any other boy had said that to her, Yukino wouldn't have felt anything. However, hearing it from Y/N instead brought a warm feeling to her heart. A light blush graces her face as she slightly looks at the L/N boy.