11

"No I'm not upset.
Upset is an emotion specific to
those who care"

-Damon Salvatore|The vampire diaries

Cyane had crept into the house quietly to avoid being heard by Malina whom she thought would be fast asleep already since she happened to be a light sleeper. She cursed under her breath when the supposed person stood right in front of her with her arms folded.

She remembered that she had left her with the fishes to carry alone, her pregnant friend. She signed as she imagined the way Malina would have felt carrying it but she wasn't ready for her lectures at least not by this time of the night.

"I'm tired Malina" Cyane tried to feign fatigue and slowly made her way past her before Malina stopped her movements with a light hold on her arm. It had Cyane's face snapping towards hers

"Your food is in the room and it's barely hot" she managed with a smile

"Thank you" Cyane hadn't expected that from her, if at all she expected some sort of reaction from Malina it definitely wasn't that.

She couldn't wait as she walked into the room and reached for the bowl of fish soup. She slowly drank it while taking some time to praise Malina's cooking without saying it out loud, she didn't want to uplift her ego.

The food wasn't salty and she silently thanked the heavens unlike the last one that she and Abbot Mateo had eaten though separately.
She never told Malina about the Abbot's comment on her food because it would have broken her heart since she really considered herself to be a great cook but sometimes even great cooks make mistakes.

Once she was done with her food she dropped it in the makeshift kitchen, it was already late to wash it. Then she opted to take a bath and before she could run it herself Malina told her that she had already prepared the bath for her.

That was unusual of her to do.

Was she angry?

Or was it her pregnancy?

'Thank you" she muttered quietly but loud enough for Malina to hear and she beelined for the bathroom.
When she was done she dried her body and slipped on her shift.

Then she walked back to the room to see Malina making the bed. She didn't need anyone to tell her that her friend was pissed. Malina didn't say a word to her as she was flattening the folded parts of the bed nor when she began wrapping the clothes.
Cyane sat on the bed, she had thought that she would be the one angry after what had happened earlier with Leondre but there she was trying to find what to say.
It was obvious that Malina was upset and she felt bad about it.

"I'm sorry" Cyane spoke after a while breaking the deathly silence that filled the room.

"Sorry for what?"

"You had to walk back alone"

Malina scoffed, "It's not new to me, I have been walking alone for half of my life"

"And I let you carry the bucket alone all the way home despite your condition"

"Cyane" Malina rolled her eyes, "I'm pregnant, I didn't lose a limb"