28

Surprise, bitch

The horses' feet hit the water and the clear liquid rose due to the impact. Few drops splashed on the horses foot, body and little water touched the boots of the riders but they still carried on without relenting. Their main purpose fueling their minds and hindering all other thoughts was to get to the Castle fast and also to protect the noble who was seated in the carriage that they guarded.

They journeyed all the way from their  home until they got to Ixar. The castle was a bit lively since Leondre had done a good job at trying to bring it back to normal. It was only a matter of time before the people got to find out about the King's health.

The warriors each got down from their horses and one made his way to the carriage door swiftly opening it. A leg popped out first then the full body followed and out came a woman clad in a fine dress.

"This way, my lady" the guard who had held the carriage door open for her lowered his head in respect as he gestured with his hand towards the direction of the castle.

~*~

Cyane was in deep thought ever since Allie had revealed to her the conditions of trying to satiate her curiosity, she was going to not only be intimate with her but also Reuel.

Cyane could no longer hide it, she was scared. This was a very absurd request to make. Her Uncle wouldn't want to hear about this let alone allow her to want to be part of it.

Her thoughts got disturbed as someone walked in, she turned her gaze to where the figure came from and was taken aback.
"Lord Levi" she stood up immediately and was about to lower her head when Levi held out his hand, signaling for her not to go ahead with her plan.

"Levi" he said the moment their gazes met again, "Levi sounds better"

Cyane nodded, even Levi was being nice to her.

Levi looked around the place they were in, it was the Royal store where they kept herbs. His nose wrinkled when a scent hit him and he began walking towards the substance unknowingly and the smell being pungent struck him harder, "It's been a while since we have spoken, hasn't it?" He chuckled after the last word.

"Yes. It has"

"Why did you leave?"

"Leave where?" she hesitated a bit before adding his name to the sentence.

"Yesterday, at the garden"

"Oh that, it was nothing, I didn't want to intrude, I was thinking that you needed space–"

"Do you want to see that place? It's not off limits, though some parts of the Castle are but that place isn't. I just tend to stay there a lot" As he spoke, he walked to a bag of powdered medicine and crouched then looked at Cyane as though asking for her to give him the signal to touch the powder and she did so with a slight nod. His hand dove into the powder and came up with little on his palm then he tilted his palm and everything poured away slowly, "You are free to go there Cyane"

"But you said–"

"That your presence in this Castle is a secret?"