7

Girls like her were born in a storm. They have lightning in their souls, thunder in their hearts and chaos in their bones

   - Nikita Gill

Cyane breathed low.

A sigh escaped her lips, her eyes found the ceiling as she bit her inner cheek then proceeded to roll the same spot with her tongue.

Bite. Roll. Repeat.

She stood up abruptly from the bed, her hands worked fast and so did her eyes, trying to search for anything else she might be forgetting as she arranged them on the bed, her dress and bag.

She was late and she knew, she had remained on her bed after she awoke intentionally trying to kill time. The work that awaited her in the day was already weighing her down in the morning.

She beelined for the bathroom and stripped, placing the clothes on a wooden stick stuck on the wall. She took some soap and touched it with water then rubbed it till it lathered then proceeded to scrub her hair and the rest of her body.

Her hair was short and it rested on her shoulders. At twenty one her womanly parts had shown as her breasts were full.

She freshened up and came out to the dining table that constituted of two frail chairs that were opposite each other with a round table, her bag was slung on her shoulder.

Her food was already served and she wasn't surprised, Antonio was always up early.

She smiled and sat down to eat.
Antonio still had his back turned to her as he served his own plate, he had prepared the food himself.
He didn't acknowledge her presence yet and she guessed that probably he was upset with her.

"You are late" That was the first thing he said to her that morning

Her gaze rose to meet his then she grinned in hope to ease the tension that was occurring.

"Good morning Uncle" she tried to the topic or maybe approach it with a gentle touch.

Antonio had stayed with her in the east house ever since Rane left, the Abbot felt it was best that he did since she had no one else by her side and she also trusted him.

"Morning Cyane" He knew what she was doing, she thought he was upset with her and the thought alone brought a smile to his face. His back was still turned to her so she didn't see when his lips tilted upwards.

"Well, I didn't get enough sleep last night"

"I know that, but you are late to work" He finished serving his plate and turned, walking straight to the dining table. He took his seat and they murmured a little prayer to the heavens.

"I was tired from yesterday's work" she grimaced, exhaustion displayed on her face.

"Do you want to stop? You know you could take a break" He suggested

"I know but I don't want to" she smiled trying to reassure him that all was well, "I love this, everything about it, I love what I'm doing"

"That's fine by me but watch your health too"

She chuckled, "Uncle, I'm a wolf, wolves don't get sick like that"
They chuckled