9

You were wild once
Don't let them tame you

-Isadora Duncan

Cold water downed on Cyane's hair and trailed down her back like a striae. Her bones felt relief from the exhaustion her body had been exposed to in the last few days of intense work. Her bath lasted for an hour before she called it quits and stepped out clad in a wrapper.

Her wet feet left trail marks along the path to the room where she temporarily lodged with Malina for the past week ever since their arrival.
She knew they were to move out soon.
Rane and her family weren't rich and could hardly afford to feed them for long.

Charle had retired from being the commander and never stepped foot into Carnwell for fear that Lord Algon would find out about him and his family.

Rane had talked to her about staying in Ixar and Malina also chimed in urging Cyane to think of starting afresh in the capital.

It was a good idea and she had accepted it. Antonio wouldn't have a problem with it so as she thought.

Besides Ixar had the capability of generating more revenue for her work when been compared to her village and within few months she might be able to get recognition from the Royal house or that's what Malina thought.

She quickly freshened up and beelined for the door. If she was going to move out she needed money and if she needed money, she had to work.

Malina was already at the door when she got out. The girls had planned what they would be doing for the whole day and that also involved fun. They had planned on going sight seeing thereby picking the beach as a first choice.

Malina had a weird obsession with seeing fishermen and Cyane had slowly found herself adopting it.

"Don't forget what we talked about last night" Malina broke the silence as they walked side by side

"I haven't"

Then they both went their separate ways with Cyane's destination in a home of a boy who happened to be her first patient. She had seen the boy throw up few days back and had suggested some medicine to his mother.

Her patients were a priority to her.

"Good morning" her first words that morning to the boy's mother

"Good morning. Please come in" the woman opened the door wider for her to enter.

"How is he?" Cyane gestured with a tilt of her head towards the room where the boy happened to be in.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" The boy's mother led the way to her son's room and there the boy sat on the bed. His condition had improved compared to the last time that Cyane had seen him

"How are you feeling?" Cyane crouched to the boy's height, the back of her palm placed on his head as she examined his temperature. She also checked his pulse with two fingers.

"Well how is he?" The Mother asked, she had watched Cyane do her thing and albeit she had no doubt in Cyane's skills, she still wanted assurance on her son's health.