"Sure," I nodded, "Text me the details so I know what books to bring over."

"Will do." He smiled at me, before making his way to his car.

I turned to Gemma and Zayn, who were talking excitedly about the soap while they waited for me. We walked to the car together and got in as Gemma started the engine.

"Would you like to watch the soap with us, Harry?" Zayn asked as Gemma pulled out of the parking space and headed towards the road.

"It sounds like I've got a tutoring session with Louis later today, so I'm going to take a raincheck if that's alright."

"Big test coming up?" Gemma asked, looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Not for me, but he has a science exam. He's more school-motivated you'd expect from looking at him."

I knew he didn't have a science test, but I wasn't lying about the school-motivated side of him.

Louis' parents, although barely present in his life, always put pressure on him to do well in school so he could get accepted into a good college for football.

I felt bad for him, but tutoring allowed me to help him, and it was satisfying to see his grades going up since we've started. Now, it served as a good cover to see him too.

* * *

Gemma hadn't dropped Zayn off at his house so that he could watch the soap with her at our house.

When we got home, I went to my room and slipped out of my shoes before laying on my bed.

My room wasn't as big as Louis' bedroom, nor his spare room. But it felt like home.

I had decorated the walls with various music posters of all my favorite musicians like Stevie Nicks, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, and David Bowie. My bed was only twin size, but then again, I was the only one in it and I didn't need all that extra space.

I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket and pulled it out to see a new text from Louis.

Lou: So, about that Louis Tomlinson order...

I smiled and could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know exactly what he wanted, but I had plans of my own and wasn't afraid to execute them.

I unlocked my phone to text him back and propped myself up on some pillows. If he was going to tease me like this, I might as well play hard to get.

Me: Lay it on me

Lou: Can't really do that if you aren't here

Me: Is that so?

Lou: Guess there's only one way to find out

Me: Gemma and Zayn are here, though

Lou: Good thing I have this house to myself

Me: What time should I come over for our 'study session'? I heard you have a big test coming up and could use a proper tutor for the night.

Lou: Oh this test is BIG, Harold. I might need a tutor in the morning, too.

Me: Well good thing I know a thing or two about science then, huh

Lou: Bring the right... books.

Me: What exactly is the science test on?

Lou: The human anatomy

Me: I better come prepared then. Lots to learn.

Lou: How about you come over in an hour?

Me: It's going to be a hell of a long hour

Lou: Don't forget your overnight things. Y'know, in case we study up into the morning

Me: Good to see you're so focused on school :) ttys

Lou: xx

I put my phone back into my pocket, excited anticipation running through my veins. Taking a few deep breaths to calm down, I collected everything that I needed for the night and put it in my JanSport.

The outfit I had on was nice, but I wanted to switch clothes into something more comfy and casual. I settled on heather grey sweatpants and a lavender sweatshirt with a simple white collared shirt underneath. I flipped the collar over the neck of the sweatshirt and decided to keep my butterfly shoes on.

I grabbed my bag and the car keys and looked at the time on my phone. 30 minutes had gone by, and driving to Louis' house would take more time so I knew I'd better leave now.

"Gemma!" I called, walking towards her room.

I heard the tv pause and I walked into her room to find her and Zayn cuddled up together.

"Hey, Harry! Headed out?"

"Yeah. Louis said he needs a lot of help on the test, so I'll probably end up staying the night. He has a spare room I can sleep in."

It wasn't all a lie, he did have a spare room. I just didn't feel the need to tell Gemma he'd be staying in it with me.

"Sounds like a plan. Text me when you're headed home tomorrow alright?"

"Sure."

"Have a good time Harry! Drive safe."

"Bye Gem," I smiled and waved at her and turned to Zayn, "Keep an eye on her for me, ok Z?"

Zayn smiled and nodded. "Deal."

I walked out of Gemma's room and made my way out the front door and into the truck. The engine rumbled to life, and I put my backpack in the passenger's seat. I exited the driveway and headed towards the Tomlinson complex.

I got a text from Louis as I pulled into his house a few minutes later.

Lou: Sir, your Louis Tomlinson order is ready. Would you like that for here or to-go?

I parked the car and grabbed my backpack before texting him back.

Me: For here would be great, thank you

I walked towards the door and I could see Louis open it for me with a huge smile on his face.

Playing hard to get was proving to be more difficult than I expected.

***

First-person is a lot easier to write in! It let me add more details and thoughts into the chapter.

As a PSA, when smut comes up in the book later, the [Narrator POV] will normally be the heads up, in case you don't like smut, or would prefer to skip past it.

Thoughts or comments?

don't forget to vote!