20. Haterz Come Out At Night

Start from the beginning

***************

The next week they were super busy with Icee's album release and the clothing line in the same week. He traveled and did several television and radio shows all week and she was there with him every time. They held a fashion show for their clothes, and she was there with Icee as well as all her sisters. They all modeled the clothes and had their first photoshoot together. They got to walk the red carpet at Icee's listening party in Atlanta and were treated like celebrities.

The feedback for Icee's rapper turned singer album was great. People were shocked that not only did he sing the whole album, but that he had a great voice. He released the first single, "Err'Thang About Ya" and they were going to shoot the video in a week.

Between all the travel they were doing, they were never home, but at least they were traveling together. Whenever she did have a day to get back to Springfield she worked on the mall. She had to balance that with doing the work of running KStyle and it was a lot. She hired more employees to take the load off herself.

With all the work, she still had to one, build her and Icee's dream home and two, plan a wedding.

She needed two of her!

"You know you can't run my business and try and start your own shit," Icee said to her while they were in L.A. for one of his shows.

They were at his L.A. house. It was smaller than the Springfield house but a lot fancier. She always felt like she was in a museum when she was there. So much expensive art in the wall, all-white even the furniture, marble floors, pool, tennis court, things he didn't use. Four bedrooms and six bathrooms. An oversized bachelor's pad is what it was.

They were hanging out at the pool. At least it felt nice in L.A. it was nearly winter in Springfield.

"Umm, yeah I can. You run your businesses while you travel and record, what's the difference?"

"I mean, they are my businesses, but I have people in place I expect to run them for me. You for KStyle Fashions. T-Zack running Da Factory Hitz. Pops has DadCo and-"

"But between the two of us, who has a college degree in business? Boy, you just worry about yours, let me handle mine," she said, leaning over to kiss him. "Unless you want me to not travel with you and get back on a plane to Springfield and-"

"No! Ma, I like having you with me. I said we gone make it work however we can. Once I do all this early promotion for the album, I can sit back in the cut and chill. Kick it at home in Da Field. How are the wedding plans coming along? It better be the biggest, livest thing they ever did see."

"I mean, we gotta top my party, right?"

"Oh hell yeah. Make that look like a sweet sixteen. My wedding better have the President trying to come up in there. The mayor, the governor....the Pope."

She laughed at him. "You're not Catholic. But yes, once we set a date we can move forward."

"Tomorrow."

"Stop playing!"

"Next weekend."

"Be serious!"

"I am serious. Why are we waiting? We're in love! We live together, might as well do the damn thing!"

"We have to sell your house, have ours built. That takes time."

"Kitty, you're doing too much. You hate my house, I get it, but what that gotta do with us getting married as soon as possible? I can't wait to get you knocked up and have like five babies and shit."

"Five?"

"No, six, like you and your sisters. I'on know about all girls though, sheeiiit! Half and half. Three boys and three girls. You with that?"