3. Club 417

Bout to party, at the club it's the place to be
Got the honies got the drank in da VIP
In Da Field, it's da club that's the place 4 me
Club 417, let's check 'n see (let's check and see)
Pop, poppin bottles, drop, droppin dollas

Kitty knew she would never hear from Icee again. After she told him she was celibate, she could hear in his voice that he had tuned her out. She was an anomaly he did not understand. She took her lifestyle very seriously. Yeah, she may be called a good little church girl, but she was not always that way. In fact, she had done a lot of dirt in her time, and she was trying to be a better person now.

She devoted all her time to being a good person who believed what positive energy she put out she got in return. She believed that is why she was successful with her small business now. Who else could train clients in their homes and makeover fifty thousand a year? She was only twenty-four. No, she was not rich, but she lived very comfortably. She lived in the home she grew up in which was paid for and she worked from home or traveled to the client's home to train. She had a long list of clients who were faithful to her and referred her and helped her business grow. She also taught a few fitness classes at the YMCA, but she refused to train there because they did not pay enough.

Someone like Icee would not understand the hustle of her hard work. That's one reason she kept her body in tip-top shape because it was her business card. People saw her, and they knew she would get them results. She came a long way from being one-half of the "chubby Kelly twins."

Her dream was to open a gym one day, maybe even a chain. So, no, she did not have time for just dating. Her one and only boyfriend broke her heart in a million pieces and she did not get over him in a good way. She had moved on, but she never planned to get hurt like that again.

A few weeks went by and she had not thought of Icee again because she knew he had lost interest in her. After all, he could not get what he wanted from her. So, she was shocked when out of the blue he called her one day.

"Hey, sexy."

"Hey, you," she said, trying not to sound so giddy at the sound of his voice.

"What's good?"

"I thought I would never hear from you again after I told you I was celibate."

"I mean, that's the weirdest shit I have ever heard, but whatever you need to do," he said. "I liked talking with you. I never just opened up to anyone else like that, so I said fuck it, I might keep chick around as a friend. Can't have too many of those."

"You, Isaac Curtis, have female friends that you are not having sex with?"

He laughed. "Touché! You got me, but let a brother try. Shit, I have enough sex for the both of us."

She just shook her head at him.

"I like you, girl. You real cool peeps and I don't meet many people like that. They always want something from a brother."

"Okay, friend," she smiled when she thought of him. "Where are you now? Still in L.A?"

"Naw, we never stay in one place too long. I'm down in the dirty, dirty south, New Orleans. Doing some shows down here, then we up in the Chi for a few days."

"I have a friend who lives in Chicago. She loves it up there," Kitrina said.

"It ain't da 'Field. I can travel all around the world, but I love my city."

"Me too. So, when are you coming back here?"

"Oh, why, because you want to see a brotha?"

She smiled but played it off. "Did I say that? No, I didn't say that. Just that you love your city is all."