50. The Day I Met You

I remember,
Feels like yesterday when I first laid eyes on you
You remember,
That day I met you, you know you had me.
And I knew,
I knew I wanted you, that day and everyday.
That day,
Baby I remember that day, the day I met you.

Icee was not planning on doing any traveling for the next several weeks. With the scare he had from Kitty a week ago, he was on edge. Kitty was doing fine, the doctor said she was fine and that Kitty just needed to slow down a bit.

Kitty slowing down was exactly why he was staying on the home front until his son was here. They were pushing back the movie so he could start six weeks after the baby, and even then, he was asking for plenty of time off to spend with Kitty and his son. He was not pressed to do the movie as much as Kitty wanted him to do the movie. It would be great for his career. He couldn't rap and sing the rest of his life. The acting was what many rappers did when they had reached their prime in rap.

Not that he felt he reached his prime. He was only twenty-six, about to be twenty-seven soon. He figured he had a good five or more years as a rapper, and as for the singing, he could probably ride that out even more.

Right now he was working with T-Zack to build his empire and see what other businesses they could get into.

"We need a sports team here, major league. Many celebs buy into teams," T-Zack said.

"Man! Who wants to come to little bitty old, country-ass Springfield, MO."

"How are you dissing our city man?"

"It's not a diss. I know what we can and cannot do here. Major league sports is one of them. Ain't no money in that for us. When peeps around here wanna see the majors, they go up to KC or the Lou, or hell, even go watch a Mizzou game, but they ain't coming to Da Field for football, basketball, or baseball."

"A'ight player, whatever," T-Zack said, tossing up his football and catching it.

"I think Kitty pretty much doing it with the mall man. Ain't seen anything like it here in a while."

"Yo wife gonna be making mo cheese than you."

"Ain't nothing wrong with that."

"If them new cats we looking at bring that heat, maybe we got a shot at having some majors here. You know they approached Tennille at some other labels, trying to get her signed because you only signed her a one-album deal."

"My mistake, which I will rectify. Lil Sis ain't going nowhere."

Tennille was on fire right now and she was traveling all over the world promoting her album. Everything blew up with her and quickly. They needed another win like her and soon.

"Imma go down to the studio see what ole boy doing," Icee said, getting up.

"Aye, if need be, you need to get on a track with him. You know you got that Midas touch."

"Yeah, I do, right."

"Cocky ass," T-Zack said and threw the football at his head.

"Watch it now."

Icee headed down to the recording studio to check on TA. He was in the booth sitting down smoking a blunt while Freezy was on the board. He didn't hear any music on playback, so he had to question what they were doing.

"TA sleep in there? What is he doing?"

"Yo Ice," Freezy said, dapping him up.

"What y'all working on," Icee asked, sitting beside his boy.