55. Kitty

Kitty cried in the car all the way to Sarena's house. She could not believe this was happening. Icee tried to put his hands on her? He accused her of cheating? Did he think so little of her? All the things she went through for him and this is where they were? She gave that man everything. All of her. There was no more she could give.

"Kitty, stop worrying yourself to death, you're gonna make yourself sick, and the baby," Sarena said when she pulled up at her house.

"What am I supposed to do Rena? My husband thinks I cheated on him!"

"Girl, he's a fool, and once he lets all this shit sit in, he will realize that. Come on, get out, you need to go lay down and get some rest."

"But what am I supposed to do? I don't even know. Was leaving the right thing to do?"

"Look I don't know everything," Sarena said, helping her out of the car. "Fuck, this is a marriage and all marriages go through things. You both need to pick a corner, cool out, and let this shit go."

How could she just let it go? She didn't even recognize Icee saying those things about her. One day he was the loving and affectionate man, pampering her and taking all her moody attitude, and then he just blew up into someone she never wanted to see again. Because of some song? She had to hear this song that was making him go crazy.

"I'm making you something to eat. But in the meantime, go lay down in the guest bedroom. I need to call Vic and let him know what's going on, then pick up the girls."

"Rena, maybe I should go to the house and stay there till I figure this out. I don't want to be a pain to you and Victor."

"Shut up girl, how are you a pain? You're my sister. You're pregnant, and someone has to take care of you. Go lay your ass down and rest. Hard-headed ass!"

She listened to her sister because she knew if she didn't, she would forcibly make her go lay down. She went to the bedroom, slipped off her shoes, and sat on the bed. The KStyle Fashions shirt she'd changed into before heading up to the loft was making her uncomfortable. It was too tight. Even the largest size they had was not big enough for her belly. She unbuttoned it so her stomach could breathe. Maybe Sarena had some bigger shirts or even Victor.

She left the room and went towards her sister's room when she overheard Sarena talking on the phone.

"Go pick up the body, I'll text you the address...no we ain't leave no motherfucking DNA on site, and so what if we did, you're going to handle it! .... I'm not yelling at you, Victor...What? Okay, whatever...Don't fuck with Icee. He was tripping but he really believed that because Kitty didn't tell him what that punk-ass did....okay, stand down! Damn! Always want to cancel somebody and you don't know the whole story...I got my sis, she good....we good?.... Okay, I love you."

She went into her sister's room, look through the dresser, and grabbed one of Victor's shirts. She hurriedly made it back to the guest room. Would Victor kill Icee because of what he did? This shit was crazy. She put the shirt on and got into bed, her mind going in crazy directions of what was to be.

Did Icee still love her?

Did she still love him?

Could they get over this?

She was almost asleep when her sister came in with a tray of food.

"Wake yo ass up, you need to eat before you go to sleep, and don't even argue with me about it."

She sat up in the bed, looked at the food, then smiled. Her favorite childhood food, beans, and rice.

"See, I knew you would eat that, weird ass!"