"What's that?" Braxton's voice pulled me out of our confortable silence and I saw him eyeing his gift which was sat next to me.

I picked it up and turned to him. Hesitantly picking up his hand, I placed the tiny box into his large hands. "Happy birthday," I said, watching as his eyes brightened at the box.

"You got me something?" He asked, curiously but surprisingly neatly unwrapping his present.

"Of course, it's your birthday. I wasn't able to give it to you before because of, you know...that thing that happened on the stage."

"I understand, it was because of me. Thank you for this."

I waited anxiously for him to open the present but he was doing it painstakingly slow as if he didn't want to break the thing inside which wasn't necessary because the thing couldn't be broken easily.

Finally when he pulled open the box and took out my present of him, I watched him closely for his reaction.

"A drum pendant? Wow. This is really meaningful. Thank you again." He rolled the tiny drum around between his fingers, feeling it's surface and texture. "It's really pretty. I love it."

"It's not all. It opens midway," I explained, unclipping and showing him how to open it to reveal spaces for two photos. "To keep photos of your loved ones so that they're always close to you," I expressed.

"This just got better. Julia, I think this might be my more favourite birthday gift. Thank you so much. You didn't have to get me anything and you still did. I'm very grateful for all the thought you put into this."

I smiled. "Stop that. You deserve all the gifts. Happy birthday."

He returned my smile with s charming one of his own. "I'm going to put this on and never take it off," he declared, examining the pedant for a few moments and then bringing it to his neck to fasten it.

A few awkward seconds later and him still not succeeding it putting it on, I stepped in. "May I?" I asked, holding out my hands to take the two ends of the pendant.

"Yeah, I'll need some help with that," he chuckled and handed it over to me.

I gently clipped it back into place and placed it on the nape of his neck, mindful of not letting my fingers touch him.

"It's beautiful," Braxton repeated, fingering the tiny drum.

"I'm glad you like it. I was worried you wouldn't," I confided. "What with all the many and much expensive and much bigger gifts that you'd received."

"I think I would've been happy with whatever you would've given me."

His reply warmed the cold and ruthless night I had endured. I was happy I had gotten to know such a kind man like him.

"It's getting late," he remarked, looking out into the night which had gradually grown cold. "I think we better get to sleep. You need to rest, especially after what happened. It might be stressing you and a good night's sleep will do wonders."

I nodded, agreeing. "How was your flight? Did you finish your work? I had watched some of the live tours you guys did. As always you were amazing."

"My flight was okay. I finished my work and thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed. I was kind of hoping you would watch us," he expressed.. "And thank you for helping my friends with the preparations even though you didn't need to. Geun told me that you helped tremendously."

"He kind of exaggerates." I said, smiling when I remembered how he distracted the crowd so that I would no longer be the centre of their attention. I didn't get a chance to thank him for that.

"No, he doesn't. That wound doesn't look too good. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked suddenly making me panic as I thought that he meant the wound on my arm but when I turned to him, wide eyed I saw that he was looking at my forehead.

Silently sighing in relief, I nodded. "Yeah, he didn't hit too hard. I'll look after it. Dont worry, I won't sue your bandmates," I said humorously.

That drew a chuckle out of him. "I wish you would," he said jokingly causing me to laugh along with him.

I let out a quiet yawn after which didn't go unnoticed by him.

"Let's call it a night," he suggested.

I nodded, wanting only to get in bed and forget the unpleasant parts of tonight for a few hours.

We both stood up and just as I was about to go my way, Braxtom stopped me by grabbing my arm.

I hissed out in pain although did it quietly so as to not alert him of my other wound which I was solely responsible for.

I forced a smile through the stinging pain and turned to address him. "Yeah?"

"When's your birthday?" He asked, thankfully oblivious to my wound.

I retracted my arm out of his grip, feeling a wetness behind my cloth covered arm. I cupped it with my other hand, not wanting for it bleed out when I'd gotten so far without him having noticed.

"May, twenty-seven," I answered promptly.

Instead of nodding and accepting my answer like I thought he would, his eyebrows knitted in confusion and he instantly dig his phone out of his pocket.

"What's wrong?" I asked, puzzled by his odd behaviour to my simple answer.

"I'm not sure about this. Let me check," he said, making little to no sense to me yet I waited patiently.

"Whoa. What are the odds?!" He exclaimed and then shoved his phone in my face. "Look!"

On Juliet's Wikipedia page which I had visited quite a few times although never bothered to look at her birthdate, there was mentioned a date exactly same as mine – twenty-seventh of May as her birthdate too.

Well, safe to say, that certainly gave me a different thing to think about other than Ajax that night.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!