Chapter 44

"Harry for the love of god please be careful" I said half seriously, half trying to stifle the laughter, Harry had his legs out screaming weeeeee as the bikes flew down the hill, Isla of course loving feeling like she was flying.

Harry had convinced me that the best way to appreciate the beauty of the Amalfi coast was to do so on push bikes, so after lunch on our second day in Italy, we'd driven down into the little village where we were staying, Harry seeming to be familiar with the winding streets and the people we came cross once we'd abandoned the car.

We came across a small rental shop, Isla and I waited while Harry spoke to the shop owner.

Harry speaking Italian by the way was not something I was prepared for, I'd spent a summer in Italy back when I was a student and could still understand a good amount of what was being said but couldn't really speak the language anymore but I was more than happy to listen to his deep northern drawl mould itself, slowly around the beautiful phrases.

In a matter of minutes we were each on a bike, Harrys with a small seat attached to the front with Isla strapped tightly in, a small pink helmet on her head, matching the pink helmet Harry was also wearing.

I took my phone out of my pocket grabbing a quick snap of the pair of them before we made our way off.

We spent the afternoon cycling around the winding roads of Italy, through the woodlands that lined the coast, but were heading back to the villa now, Isla needed to take a nap and Harry was filming at dusk so needed to head out to get ready soon.

The villa we were staying in was beautiful, it was nestled into the cliff side completely secluded, there was a beautiful pool that overlooked the ocean and a terrace and outdoor kitchen making the most of the beautiful views.  The villa itself was bright and contemporary with hints of warmth coming from the fabrics and furnishings reminding me of home.

We abandoned the bikes at the front of the villa and I let Isla free from her seat, letting her run off a little energy before trying to get her to sleep, I stood leaning against the wall looking out to the terrace and the view beyond as Isla play...

We abandoned the bikes at the front of the villa and I let Isla free from her seat, letting her run off a little energy before trying to get her to sleep, I stood leaning against the wall looking out to the terrace and the view beyond as Isla played, bending down to pick a flower and running round after a small yellow butterfly that she had disturbed by doing so. 

I felt Harry come up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist his lips landing a slow kiss just below my ear, his breathe on my skin instantly sending goosebumps flooding over my skin, I ran my fingertips along his forearms as I tilted my face, leaning into him ever so slightly

"I have to go Baby" he whispered

I sighed knowing that he was here to work and that he'd only be gone for a few hours, it would be dark by 7pm and he'd be back by then, I turned in his arms, draping mine over is shoulders studying is face. His eyes were soft, the green hue, light and glistening in the sunlight as he looked out over the terrace, his skin was glowing with a soft tan that he'd picked up in the couple of days of sunshine since we landed.