Chapter 42

"Lois, we cant do this now, I've got to work, we'll talk about it when we get home" Harry said as he adjusted the collar on his suit in the mirror

"I don't even understand why you're so angry, and I don't want you to go on air being angry with me".

Harry spun around staring at me, silently, his chest rising and falling as he breathed deeply, I could see him trying to control his words before continuing, I'd never seen him like this, and it was just making me more angry watching him.

"I'm angry because you put yourself at risk again, I'm angry because you went out unprotected AGAIN, and I'm mainly angry because I had to find out from people messaging me and from twitter that you'd been meeting up with your ex"

I stood instantly, I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth right now, I felt sick, the adrenaline and anger rose within me, my hands were shaking

"How many times do have to tell you I wasn't..."

We were interrupted by a knock on the door, it was a member of The Late Late Show production team.

James was filming a special week in London, and the day after Harrys bad day at the hospital James had called and asked Harry along as a guest, he always loved doing the show and jumped at the chance.  He insisted that I come along with him, and as surreal as everything was I was loving seeing the behind the scenes goings on. 

"Hi Harry, James is going on air in 30 seconds and he'll do a brief intro and then we'll be coming to you for the dressing room welcome, so the next knock on the door will be us with the cameras, live"

"Ok no worries I'm ready whenever you are" he said and closed the dressing room door, turning to me, the anger back in his eyes when he spoke slowly,

"Just sit, let me do this and we'll continue this after"

The stern tone in his voice took me back, and for once I did as I was told, I sat and watched as he shook out his arms, jumping up and down, trying to release the tension from his face and shoulders.  Harry had assured me that I wouldn't be on camera, but I adjusted my dress, and put a smile on my face, just in case. 

We never argued and I hated that we were arguing now, I wanted us both to enjoy this whole experienced, he loved being on the show, and I loved watching him work.  I was so excited and proud of him, and we were ruining it, over something so stupid.  I needed to make him see.

There was another knock at the door, and Harrys face burst into a huge smile.  His smile never failed to take my breathe away even when he'd forced it.  As he pulled the door open, the room was suddenly flooded with light from the camera in the hallway and the sound of the audience cheering filled the small room.

"Mr Harry Styles is here tonight, HAROLD!" James' voice rang through clear from the studio

"Hello" Harry replied shyly with a small wave, ringing his hands together nervously.  It would take him a minute or two to find his confidence

"How are ya buddy?"

"Good... Thank you for having me"

"It's so nice to see you, hows it going?"

"It's good" Harry said, in a slightly clipped tone, but not enough that anyone but me and maybe James would detect it