Chapter 21

I just about managed to pull one eye open enough, to adjust begrudgingly to the cool crisp blue light that was slipping through the blinds in my bedroom,  the sun had risen, but hadn't warmed the sky yet telling me that it was early.

It was definitely too early for me to be awake, considering I was on the phone to Harry until about 2am and it was absolutely too early for someone to be calling me.

Without checking the caller ID I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and hit answer knowing there was only about 4 people it could possibly be

"Hello?"

"Oh good, thank god you're up, I needed to speak to someone who isn't my husband, or an absolutely infuriating 3 year old"

I laughed, clearly Jenna was not having a good morning

"Morning Jen, what time is it?" I said sleepily

"It's 20 past 7, but I have been up since 5.15am.  Yes my darling daughter decided that 5.15am was the best time to start singing little mermaid songs at the top of her beautiful little lungs. In the end when she wouldn't stop I gave up and took her downstairs to get breakfast, which I of course put into the wrong colour bowl, so I changed it, then she wouldn't eat it because the Krispies had touched the blue bowl, so I made a new bowl, THEN she decided she doesn't like Krispies any more and wanted toast... which I of course cut wrong, fairy princesses only eat their toast in triangles not rectangles, simple fix you might think but nooo... rectangles cut in half so they were triangles, apparently aren't the right shape trianglesarRGGHH!"

I giggled as I listened to my friend have a mini meltdown in what I'm sure was one breath

"Jen... Breathe! Where's Michael?"

"He's lucky he's not under the patio, he did nothing but laugh at me through breakfastgate and all I asked him to do is keep an eye on Isla while I took a really quick shower and I came downstairs and do you know what I found, do you know what I fucking found Lois?"

"Oh god what Jen?"

"He was asleep on the sofa, ASLEEP! And as for Isla, she had knocked her juice over on the table where she was colouring and got her crayons all wet, so my oh so very clever daughter decided that her crayons should go in the tumble dryer!"

"Oh she didn't!"

"Oh she did, Michael is currently scraping melted crayon off the inside of my dryer, and its not even 8am yet! I need to talk about something, anything else.  Tell me what's going on with you, hows that gorgeous man of yours?" Jenna finished, finally taking a big deep breath and settling now she had got everything off her chest.

Now fully awake I propped my self up against the headboard,

"You want to live vicariously through me, i'm afraid my man is currently 10,000 miles away"

Jenna wasn't having that

"Come on Lois, your sexy, charming, internationally renowned secret rockstar boyfriend is 10,000 miles away, anything you have to tell me is vicarious enough for me right now"

I guess she had a point, I chuckled and settled into the pillow, knowing there was a good chance that once she got me started talking about Harry I wouldn't be able to stop

"Ermm... Harry met Daniel the other night when Harry and I were Skyping"

"Oh great, did they get on well? Daniels basically the boy version of you so..."

I grimaced slightly

"Well, it wasn't the smoothest introduction being that it was midnight and Daniel was coming out of my bedroom... oh and I hadn't actually talked about Daniel and Aden or Isla to Harry yet" I paused waiting for Jenna to say something