The Sacred Duel

HAPPY READING!!

---

Junes POV

What the fuck just happened! How did it come to this. After Zayn left I ran over to Jackson to pick him up. He had his head down as he wiped the blood from his nose. I grabbed his arm to help him up only to be pushed back. It wasn't enough to knock me down, but I was surprised and hurt.

"I need to clear my head." Jackson got up on his own and walked out of the door.

Everything was going so well before this morning. How could one moment just turn to shit like this? I didn't know how to fix this or if it was fixable. Sure this arrangement wasn't ideal, but it was working. Jackson has become one of my best friends and couldn't imagine losing him. My legs lose their balance as I fall to the floor. Suzanna finally gets out of her daze and comes to help me up. I see the worry in her eyes, but feel too vulnerable to fix it.

"What I'm I going to do Suzy?"

She gives me a limp sided smile shrugging. "I don't know babe. Just take it one step at a time. I guess. I'm still in shock that Max had the nerve to say you were his! Let alone declare The Sacred Duel! He has a death wish." She rolls her eyes.

Max was in over his head for sure. Going up against an alpha as a regular wolf, with no high standing, couldn't end well.

Someone has declared The Sacred Duel on your alpha. Everyone outside. NOW! Zayn let his command be known. Whispers could be heard inside the link. The pack was wondering who had the balls to face their alpha! Worry and excitement were equal competitors as many gave their acknowledgement to attend. Suzanna comes to my room and we put on some clothes.

"I'm scared for the dude, but I can't wait to see what happens all the same!" She claps her hands in glee. "Here I'm single, yet you have not one, but three gorgeous man fighting for the right to love you!"

I roll my eyes at her. "I believe Zayn's fighting for the right to own me. Jackson is probably fighting for the right to fuck me. Max is outright crazy. He probably thinks he'll get enough power to brag about taking me from Zayn.

Suzanna thinks about it for a moment. Then nods her head. "You're right. Your life is way more complicated!"

I playfully push her. "What? I'm agreeing with you!" She giggles.

We decide to leave our phones and go see the slaughter that was about to happen. I was surprised not to run into Jackson. In a way I was happy about that. It would take more then the site of him for me to forgive him for earlier. We follow the pack outside and form a circle around Zayn and Max. They both stood naked. Probably trying to avoid ripping their clothes. Besides Suzanna and I. Everyone murmured in surprise at seeing Max. They were under the impression that the two were great friends. I couldn't blame them. We were all fooled.

"As you can see. Max here is the one to declare the battle. His questioning my leadership and thinks he can run the pack better."

"That's right!" Max retorts.

Zayn continues on as if he didn't speak. "I've decided to grant him his wish!" He turns back to Max and gives him smirk. Me on the other hand was fidgeting in anticipation. Compared to Zayn's six-two Max was a mere 5'9. Zayn was also built strong with rippling muscles. Not precisely in the body building way, but he was well toned to put it lightly. Max wasn't too bad, but he still had nothing on him. I bite my lip in anticipation of the unfolding events. Zayn looks at Max in a calculating way. He was probably predicting his moves. Out of nowhere Max sprints full on surprising Zayn. He slides knocking Zayn on his ass. Well shit, maybe he had a chance. Zayn gets up brushing the grass off his body, his scraps already healing. Growling he charges at overconfident Max and grabs his throat slamming him on the ground. I briefly look away. Ouch, that must have his ears ringing. Turning back I see Max struggling before he punches Zayn in the groin. That makes him release him and Max gets up grasping for breath for a second. He starts releasing punches on a recovering Zayn. Giving an evil smile, he goes to throw an uppercut only for Zayn to grab his fist mid-air. He uses his other hand to throw Max one instead. This sends him flying and before he could recover Zayn's on him releasing blow after blow all over his body. I could see Zayn's fist turn bloody as Max thrushes with every punch.